The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Happy 30th anniversary, the Mad Monk dislocates Chris Woods’ shoulder and scores the winner. Can’t remember the name of the opposition. Rang-something? The fcukers died, so who cares.

Edited by pozbaird

Shame Yuri’s boy didn’t get on the pitch yesterday with his famous dad in the stand (complete with Saints top), but Goodwin clearly didn’t think it was right for the team.

Another sign if we needed it that we have a potentially very good manager on our hands. 

11 hours ago, GAD said:

To think it looked like Ryan Flynn was going to be out the door in January. He's currently one of, if not the, most important players at the club just now. Absolutely dominated that midfield today with Foley. Lovely stuff.

My MotM

Massive bonus that after a summer of turmoil we seem to have emerged with a team able & willing to compete in the top flight - it was February last season before I felt this way about the squad.

Not one failure in that display yesterday. All of the new lads were superb and what a difference with a proper left back in Calum Waters who had a terrific debut. 

Tony Andreu is such a good player to watch, his touch his awareness and his ability on the ball make him perfect for that number ten slot we’ve not had a player like him since Paul McGowan.

That Obika song is still going through my head this morning.😂

Edited by glenburn bud

42 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

All down to having a Director of Football who has done a tremendous job! emoji106.pngemoji12.png

Ah, Cap'n, always grabbing the wrong end of the stick.

To me it looks more like our new manager changing policy, signing better players on longer contracts, clearly GM is closer to the bottom of the ladder let's just be happy he has found his niche as a good scout. emoji106.pngemoji12.png

PS -There were promising signs of us looking to play the long ball game yesterday although Obika was left isolated in the second half.

5 minutes ago, btb said:

To me it looks more like our new manager changing policy, signing better players on longer contracts, clearly GM is closer to the bottom of the ladder let's just be happy he has found his niche as a good scout. emoji106.pngemoji12.png

PS -There were promising signs of us looking to play the long ball game yesterday although Obika was left isolated in the second half.

Good god. Just had flashbacks to page after page of stats on the long ball game. 

To me it looks more like our new manager changing policy, signing better players on longer contracts, clearly GM is closer to the bottom of the ladder let's just be happy he has found his niche as a good scout. [emoji106][emoji12]

Beep, beep, beep, backtracking in progress! [emoji1][emoji12][emoji8]x

Jamie Vardy excelled in being isolated!

Let the opposition have possession, win it, break and score!

I reckon we have the players to pull this off.

3rd place minimum! [emoji1]

1 minute ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Jamie Vardy excelled in being isolated!

Let the opposition have possession, win it, break and score!

I reckon we have the players to pull this off.

3rd place minimum! emoji1.png

By then Obika was isolated and tired - my only criticism of JGs tactics yesterday was that he waited 10-15 mins too long before replacing Obika with Mullen.

That 3rdPlaceSkunk must be strong stuff man....:red