The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

I too rate Breadner highly. Always looks direct, quick and confident. Think he will an important part of the squad this season. Nice to see a forward coming through the Academy (besides Lewis).

Kyle McAllister as well.

We just need a proper centre forward coming through now alongside the wingers.

24 minutes ago, weebud said:

I thought Breadner played well last night but for me the best player on the park was McBrearty at Centre Half, for a young lad he has some presence about him

How was (the other) McAllister? Thought he did well at Coatbridge.

29 minutes ago, weebud said:

I thought Breadner played well last night but for me the best player on the park was McBrearty at Centre Half, for a young lad he has some presence about him

Big hopes for McBrearty as well , if he settles down. His temperament was called into question last season at Stenny. Not sure how many red cards but there were a few !

3 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

How was (the other) McAllister? Thought he did well at Coatbridge.

He did fine in quite trying conditions, played Centre Half last night and I'd think that's possibly his favoured position, won plenty headers and tackles with one being probably the hardest tackle all night. Distribution could have been better at times but I think that was true for everybody on the park and most likely down to the monsoon!!

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

Big hopes for McBrearty as well , if he settles down. His temperament was called into question last season at Stenny. Not sure how many red cards but there were a few !

I agree but didn't look rattled at any point last night

Just now, weebud said:

He did fine in quite trying conditions, played Centre Half last night and I'd think that's possibly his favoured position, won plenty headers and tackles with one being probably the hardest tackle all night. Distribution could have been better at times but I think that was true for everybody on the park and most likely down to the monsoon!!

In an interview after the AR game he said himself he was a centre half and had never played full back in his life :) . But the boy done ok.

13 minutes ago, weebud said:

Distribution seems to be one of the later skills that central defenders develop.

In truth, some never seem to develop it at all.

44 minutes ago, billyg said:

Six yellows (two in one game) and two straight reds. Yeah, maybe needs to calm it a bit 😂

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Surprised he didn’t feature across the League Cup games, at least on the bench. Assumed he’d been freed.

Given the level of teams we played and where he was last season, surely would have been a better option at CH than McGinn?

11 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Given the way Matthew writes, that guy’s surname could be literally anything.

Hope he doesn't work in the place the puts the players names on the back of the strips.🙄

18 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Gie's a (left back, centre forward, right wing, centre half) signing!

Would be surprised if a left back is not in probably Louis Nganioni as we are taking to him apparently. Would think McAllister also though the latter will be taking a large cut in wages so he might have options.  

31 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Would be surprised if a left back is not in probably Louis Nganioni as we are taking to him apparently. Would think McAllister also though the latter will be taking a large cut in wages so he might have options.  

We are talking to him?

Based on one guy saying he showed up in his work yesterday we are now talking to him?

That's some leap in logic.