The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

22 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Good news comes to those who wait.......😉

I've seen this phrase used a couple of times by reliable posters in the last week, which makes me think we must have a belter up our sleeves.  If we were just signing anyone I doubt everyone would be being so cryptic.  

Fingers crossed I am correct

5 minutes ago, Hawn said:

I've seen this phrase used a couple of times by reliable posters in the last week, which makes me think we must have a belter up our sleeves.  If we were just signing anyone I doubt everyone would be being so cryptic.  

Fingers crossed I am correct

Hmm....

#managedexpectations

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Sorry Poz sworn to secrecy, I take great pleasure in watching the wet knicker brigade suffer 🤣

I just hope it's worth the wait and we get the 10 players required in. The way things are currently,  we'll be lucky to field a team against Hibs let alone a competitive one.

It's an absolute disgrace that we are in this position but you can't make people sign for us it's going to be a hide behind the couch season.

What position? 12th due to the alphabet?

We could make people sign for us, I’m sure the Berwick Rangers team would jump at the chance to sign for us but we have enough shite throughout the team as it stands.

Wring yer frilly knickers out and sit on the sofa.

This time last year we had enlisted half a squad of Stubbs' duff jobbers, and were debating the merits of Kenny Miller signing for us.

For me, despite the glaring deficiencies in our current squad, we are still in a better position now than we were back then (albeit I am saying this with the benefit of hindsight).

It was always likely to be another tough season, such is the market we are operating in. As things stand, there is still scope for us to add a sprinkling of decent additions to the squad, so let's just have a bit of patience and assume that Jim and others at the club know what is required and are busting a gut to get them in.

As time drags on its looking more and more like Thursday is going to be a good laugh. 

Remember that day when Dargo, Mason, Howard and Haining all stoated out together with wee Gus and folk everywhere rejoiced? 

Got a feeling its going to be one of those days.