The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, FTOF said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Unfortunately we heard this all a few weeks ago.

Happy to get excited once deals are announced but not before.

Not from McG you didn't.

Could McG be Mighty Chairman Gilmour?  now wouldn't that be a dandy guess 😲

40 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm taking my opinion that in an attacking sense he was very decent. 

Defensively he was an accident waiting to happen and was quite consistently leaving us exposed. 

He's done heehaw since leaving us. 

I'd let that sleeping dog lie. 

yes BUT......... do you know anyone who can eat a b=Bounty bar like Stellios?

19 minutes ago, McG said:
1 hour ago, Munoz said:

More than good enough for the Championship,  debatable if good enough for the premiership. 

Stelios was rotten. Fully expect Kyle McAllister to jet in this week. We are very close on a number of deals. 

Let the good times roll.

How dare you insult my hero, might have to challenge you to fisticuffs................ please don't accept though 😄

The Ricky character is on Twitter too (with a foreign sounding surname). It seems a bizarre, elaborate stunt to emulate all that shite across two platforms.
Aye, every chance its Sid.
He doesnt mention sausage roll
thiefs

20 minutes ago, McG said:

Stelios was rotten. Fully expect Kyle McAllister to jet in this week. We are very close on a number of deals. 

Let the good times roll.

Close to is very good but we have been close to many times before.  Fingers crossed they are of a good calibre and that they sign . 

2 minutes ago, oregonbud said:

He doesnt mention sausage roll
thiefs

The guy is brand new retired. Was high up in his field travelling the world giving advice even to governments.  Ricky is bored too much time on his hands . Dont underestimate  the man he is all there and a bit more. Saints fans like nothing more that to attack fellow fans for the slightest thing . Aye online never face to face unless your Alan Wardrop of course who should be wiped from the board . Never should have took the bait he should be well above that. 

8 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

The guy is brand new retired. Was high up in his field travelling the world giving advice even to governments.  Ricky is bored too much time on his hands . Dont underestimate  the man he is all there and a bit more.

Proof that some people will believe any old shite.

We're bringing them all back. McLean and McGinn at the base of midfield, Mallan at number 10 and Morgan and McAllister out wide.

f**k, could you imagine that?

Wha a team. What would that lot achieve in the SPFL this year? Wooft.

Back to reality, there goes gravity.

Part of me is thinking... we should have signed loads already. And then that would have made them all happy.

Then the other part of me is thinking... maybe we should wait... Wait till the players we need and want are available. Maybe being patient will result in a better quality of signing.

Only fools rush in. Ain’t that right, Mr Stubbs?

10 minutes ago, Lex said:

Wha a team. What would that lot achieve in the SPFL this year? Wooft.

Back to reality, there goes gravity.

Part of me is thinking... we should have signed loads already. And then that would have made them all happy.

Then the other part of me is thinking... maybe we should wait... Wait till the players we need and want are available. Maybe being patient will result in a better quality of signing.

Only fools rush in. Ain’t that right, Mr Stubbs?

Yaaaaaas! Lex is pished!! You know he is as he's being critical of Stubbs! 🍻

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

No it was Jim Goodwin I heard it from.

No you didn't. 

Unless I missed him saying that we would have four players signed in a specified week, with one of them being a former player.

Edited by FTOF

On a slightly different note ...l.....i assume if Aberdeen overcome this Georgian team in their current euro tie then our first home league game will be shifted to a feckin Sunday☹️

Guest Moomintroll
On a slightly different note ...l.....i assume if Aberdeen overcome this Georgian team in their current euro tie then our first home league game will be shifted to a feckin Sunday[emoji3525]
Could be worse, our first home game of the season is on Sunday as every bugger thought we would still be in Europe.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:
40 minutes ago, ron said:
On a slightly different note ...l.....i assume if Aberdeen overcome this Georgian team in their current euro tie then our first home league game will be shifted to a feckin Sundayemoji3525.png

Could be worse, our first home game of the season is on Sunday as every bugger thought we would still be in Europe.

At least you guys avoided those League cup qualifier games, not all doom and gloom.

Guest Moomintroll
They've actually played fewer games than the teams in the League Cup [emoji23]
We have a glamour friendly lined up for tomorrow however......