The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

9 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Well, aren't things going swimmingly so far?

Not having witnessed any of these games (thank Christ!), I'm loathe to comment, but is there really any excuse for the players underperforming to this extent?

Even without the required additions, we should have had enough to put these teams away (aside from Dunfermline who were always likely to be a stern test).

Are the players bothering their arses? Has Jim asked them to do outrageously silly things on the football pitch? Is there some kind of unrest underlying this.

Who knows, but it has the makings of a fucking shambles of a season.

Tonight they looked utterly bereft of any confidence or composure. Players hiding etc. Awful body language. Arguing with each other. Cooke looks an absolute shadow of himself compared to his determined performances at the end of last season. Literally all he did was stand offside or fall over tonight then mope about with his head down. Djorkaeff as well, definately not a winger. No pace at all and awful body language, shaking his head, looking down. Slowly walking about looking dejected. I hope to god he's just seriously unfit at the moment. Looks massively out of his depth. Andreu mr invisible yet again, but how much of that is down to our style of punts up front the back instead of even attemtping any sort of passing style.

4 minutes ago, Drooper said:

Idly speculating here, so take my ramblings with a pinch of salt, but I wonder if there is something amiss that was reflected in Oran Kearney's blatant contrast in attitude towards Scott and Fitzpatrick respectively.

Is there some residue from that still lingering, that could be unsettling business behind the scenes?

We can only hope that everything is tickety boo as opposed to fuckity bad as seems worryingly likely.

Did someone vaguely credible not suggest that Tony Fitz was potentially on his way as well? There's been so much stuff thrown round that I can't remember who said what.

Have we ever appointed a manager who walked out / was bagged / mutually consented / fcuked off to Coleraine before a single league game was played? Probably the only managerial scenario that hasn’t happened to us in the last decade mind you.
Yes Ian munroe

11 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

One thing you can be sure of Jim Goodwin is his own man. Keep getting shoot down for saying we are skint. Have wrote shoot me down if I'm wrong when the accounts come out but I know it's a real problem to be clear I'm writing player budget. MuG  is more often right than wrong  so dont dismiss what he writes.  

Going to please stop and proof read? 

Who is MuG? Why should we not dismiss him given we don't know who the f**k he is? 

Why are you like a dog with two cocks with glee about this player budget thing? 

12 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

One thing you can be sure of Jim Goodwin is his own man. Keep getting shoot down for saying we are skint. Have wrote shoot me down if I'm wrong when the accounts come out but I know it's a real problem to be clear I'm writing player budget. MuG  is more often right than wrong  so dont dismiss what he writes.  

I know we are skint and I reckon most St Mirren fans know that as well. We have received it and understood it.

That's my second match of the season and St Mirren are dire - there is no other word for it.

Andreu was non existent after his fluffed free kick in the first half. BTW I thought he showed a complete lack of awareness and intelligence with that kick. St Mirren chose to play shooting into a keeper with the sun in his eyes, and yet given the chance to use the sun, Andreu instead shot low - and he's supposed to be the experienced old head! 

Djorkaeff looks every bit a lad trading off his fathers name - honestly the most disappointing signing since Djemba Djemba.

Baird's career looks like it's back in reverse gear. He struggled to deal with Osadolor which was extremely worrying. 

Danny Mullen got in behind the Rovers defence a couple of times, but took so long to get the ball under control Wilson robbed him every time. 

Cody Cooke just isn't a footballer. He offered absolutely nothing tonight and that adds to the next to nothing he's offered since Alan Stubbs signed him. 

And Magennis wore the captains armband tonight, and proved he's not a leader. He failed to drive the team forward, or get the team playing with any pace or energy. 

Only Breadner offered any real hope - adding a bit of pace to stretch a tired Albion Rovers defence. 

As for signing players - I'd happily have swapped the two squads today. There aren't many that were wearing pink tonight that deserve a full time wage. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Going to please stop and proof read? 

Who is MuG? Why should we not dismiss him given we don't know who the f**k he is? 

Why are you like a dog with two cocks with glee about this player budget thing? 

I'm concerned mate very concerned you know why. Each passing week points to what I heard. It's not a  case of I told you I was right. It's about the club I love and being miss managed. 

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

I'm concerned mate very concerned you know why. Each passing week points to what I heard. It's not a  case of I told you I was right. It's about the club I love and being miss managed. 

You said it was financial armageddon. You said, and I quote, we are 'financially fucked'. 

Everything points to a budget cut and a struggle to bring players in, nothing at all points to being 'financially fucked'. 

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

So wee dig a bigger hole ? Help and guidance is needed but you have to want it. 

Besides having a sugar daddy in the support who is willing to hand over millions there is nothing the fans can do about the running of the Club. We watch games and that's it. This constant panic is not helping the situation.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

You said it was financial armageddon. You said, and I quote, we are 'financially fucked'. 

Everything points to a budget cut and a struggle to bring players in, nothing at all points to being 'financially fucked'. 

If you can find the word armageddon that you say I wrote I will donate £100 to your chosen charity.  Take it your in to spinning lies or to a lesser extent fabricating the truth. I know you are above that. 

Maybe he was just out watching his local team but John Rankin, now of Clyde, was at the match tonight. 

On the other subject I've no idea if the club is financially rooked or not. It doesn't look clever. However I suspect that in reality the reason for so little movement on the transfer front is that St Mirren are once again targeting loan players at clubs where they haven't completed their signings for the season yet. I'm really not a fan of the loan signings policy but I reckon that's where St Mirren are going yet again. 

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Besides having a sugar daddy in the support who is willing to hand over millions there is nothing the fans can do about the running of the Club. We watch games and that's it. This constant panic is not helping the situation.

In fairness I think the supporters should be able to air their concern and flex their muscles rather than just accept mis-management in the boardroom. You pay to watch these matches - you'd be perfectly within your rights not to do so if you want to make your point. 

25 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Did someone vaguely credible not suggest that Tony Fitz was potentially on his way as well? There's been so much stuff thrown round that I can't remember who said what.

Christ knows.

What I do know, however, is that the club resembls a shite day time soap opera these days.

Just now, Malky3 said:

In fairness I think the supporters should be able to air their concern and flex their muscles rather than just accept mis-management in the boardroom. You pay to watch these matches - you'd be perfectly within your rights not to do so if you want to make your point. 

I get that. But DZ is beginning to say the same thing repeatedly ie we are skint. I happen to know we are skint but there is not a lot I nor the support can do about it.

Just now, NorthBank said:

I get that. But DZ is beginning to say the same thing repeatedly ie we are skint. I happen to know we are skint but there is not a lot I nor the support can do about it.

I know we have had to waste money paying people off, but we still have bigger crowds than at least four other SPL sides, we also had the McGinn money. We should surely at least be able to compete in wages offered with other bottom half sides. 

1 minute ago, NorthBank said:

Agree to a certain extent.  If ( if ) we are being run badly surly the wasting of money needs to stop before we are in a bigger hole ?  Would you keep using the same account losing you money ? If ( if ) true then help in that department is needed. Nobody ( me ) is asking for regeme change . If you are in business and the accounts are not write you seek help to fix the problem.  

Just now, Demented Zebra said:

Agree to a certain extent.  If ( if ) we are being run badly surly the wasting of money needs to stop before we are in a bigger hole ?  Would you keep using the same account losing you money ? If ( if ) true then help in that department is needed. Nobody ( me ) is asking for regeme change . If you are in business and the accounts are not write you seek help to fix the problem.  

I am not disagreeing DZ but there is nothing I as a supporter can do about it. We have wasted money hand over fist but I am not in control of it. GS is. He is the only person who can change things.