The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, AllyM said:

It's July ffs. The time to even begin to start worrying is at least 6 months away.

If we can pick up 5 points between now and 3rd December, we'll be doing better than we did in the Jack Ross great escape season.

5 points by middle of November and we'll be doing better than last season.

Plenty of time to start worrying.

2 hours ago, Drooper said:

I do happen by from time to time in the futile hope of finding anything resembling a decent rumour, or, even less likely, some genuine news. I don't engage, though. As you say, the petty in-fighting and vacuous drivel is soul destroying.

It's dreadful now. I haven't posted in there for ages either, but like you I have a wee flick through the pages when I'm on the train. The way I see it is that it's like a really long running TV series, It used to be compulsive viewing with a formula that worked. but as each of the original cast left or were pushed out they were replaced in their roles by cheap imitations that absolutely suck the air out of the place. 

The funny thing is when you search for the user names of some of the best posters back in the day - even on here - they still keep coming up in posts long after they stopped posting. St Sid and Captain Sensible must have gotten under everyones skin. 

40 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

If we can pick up 5 points between now and 3rd December, we'll be doing better than we did in the Jack Ross great escape season.

5 points by middle of November and we'll be doing better than last season.

Plenty of time to start worrying.

Does that mean we'll get yet another manager change in the next couple of months? 

7 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

It's dreadful now. I haven't posted in there for ages either, but like you I have a wee flick through the pages when I'm on the train. The way I see it is that it's like a really long running TV series, It used to be compulsive viewing with a formula that worked. but as each of the original cast left or were pushed out they were replaced in their roles by cheap imitations that absolutely suck the air out of the place. 

The funny thing is when you search for the user names of some of the best posters back in the day - even on here - they still keep coming up in posts long after they stopped posting. St Sid and Captain Sensible must have gotten under everyones skin. 

There is still some good posters unfortunately you need to go though all the junk first. St Sid was excellent at times Captain Sensible is Wendy I believe.  

30 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

There is still some good posters unfortunately you need to go though all the junk first. St Sid was excellent at times Captain Sensible is Wendy I believe.  

It is too much hassle to wade through all the shite, bickering, stating the bleedin obvious, repetition and egotistical threads these days.  I use Twitter and on here most of the time now as I am only interested in grown up conversation.

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Both of whom still post on B&WA.

St. Sid is St. Ricky and CS is Wendy Saints.

Surely no!

Sid was an angry WUM and occasionally funny.

Ricky just fucking bores everyone to tears with monotonous, boring small talk, responding to everything and stating the obvious at every juncture.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Surely no!

Sid was an angry WUM and occasionally funny.

Ricky just fucking bores everyone to tears with monotonous, boring small talk, responding to everything and stating the obvious at every juncture.

It's a bit like Leigh Francis playing both Bo Selecta and Keith Lemon, different personas depending on what voice in his head he's listening to.

Anyone duped into thinking St. Ricky is a 60 year old globetrotting celebrity shouder-rubber is the one being wound up.

17 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's a bit like Leigh Francis playing both Bo Selecta and Keith Lemon, different personas depending on what voice in his head he's listening to.

Anyone duped into thinking St. Ricky is a 60 year old globetrotting celebrity shouder-rubber is the one being wound up.

The Ricky character is on Twitter too (with a foreign sounding surname). It seems a bizarre, elaborate stunt to emulate all that shite across two platforms.

Aye, every chance its Sid.

I'd always wondered if Lord Pity Me was another Sid alias.

There's an increasing number of threads on B&W I look at where I don't read most of the posts as I have the user on ignore. I wish folk would stop engaging with the attention seekers such as the aforementioned LPM.

7 hours ago, AllyM said:

This season looks like a 4 horse race, but I'm not ruling out the fakes or even Killie joining in for a laugh. Despite our performances to date, we've got the core of a decent squad and a promising manager.  Now we need to build it into a team through acquisitions, loans, development and management.

Us, St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County, St Johnstone and hopefully Killie for full banter. That'll be the bottom 6 any of that 6 could go down

Us, St Mirren, Hamilton, Ross County, St Johnstone and hopefully Killie for full banter. That'll be the bottom 6 any of that 6 could go down

What we really need is a fan of Killie or StJ or Motherwell or something to start a new version of the famous ‘St Mirren, Hamilton and Livingston relegation thread’.

Then the starter of the that threads team will finish bottom and the 3 of us will stay up.

Thanks again, Non Deluded Dee.

Guest Moomintroll

What we really need is a fan of Killie or StJ or Motherwell or something to start a new version of the famous ‘St Mirren, Hamilton and Livingston relegation thread’.

Then the starter of the that threads team will finish bottom and the 3 of us will stay up.

Thanks again, Non Deluded Dee.
Yeah we might be daft but we aren't stupid (some utter mugwump is going to do this, we never bloody learn).