The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

47 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

We were always going to struggle this season, financially we’ve taken a few bad hits from paying off two managers and all the ensuing dross signed by Stubbs. Having to admit defeat with Heaton is also a sore one.

I don’t mind so much as long as we are competitive in the league as survival this season will further strengthen Goody’s budget for next year.

I never expected anything else this season. Was always going to be for a couple of years as we built a squad. That was the case the last time around...almost having to recycle the squad.

I’d happily take 10th now and a decent cup run.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scotsman running an article saying you're still interested in Stevie May, but only as a loan deal.

We'd be interested in signing Neymar too. We've no chance of signing either him or May.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scotsman running an article saying you're still interested in Stevie May, but only as a loan deal.

I honestly just assumed he would be at the Saintees by now. 

4 minutes ago, GAD said:

I honestly just assumed he would be at the Saintees by now. 

Dundee, United and Kilmarnock will all easily outbid us.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee, United and Kilmarnock will all easily outbid us.

Imagine being outbid by championship clubs. :rolleyes:

That's already sent some of the plums in our support into meltdown.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Do you guys still need him? I've not been keeping track.

We have 3 fit strikers, 1 of whom is free to go and the other two are back up options at best. Certainly need someone a bit more reliable than what we have. 

Arse handed to us on a plate by Dunfermline’s first half performance, play Edinburgh City and East Kilbride - score one goal, a penalty.

Shower of shite just about sums us up. Yeah, we need signings, but FFS, Edinburgh City and EK. 

Fair play to this mob for ending up with less points than last season from an easier group. We allowed to be concerned yet?

Does anyone have Buddie Vision? Seemingly Goodwin made some suggestion yesterday that it's all very well Gus having a list of potential signings but he has to want them.