The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

6 minutes ago, RossC93 said:

Would’ve liked to have seen Tansey with another chance this season, but it looks like there’s something going on behind the scenes there that looks like it will negate any chance of us seeing him again.

It’s looking likely that either Tansey or Kellerman will be the next to go. You have to wonder what’s going on with regards to Tansey and the chronic injury problem he’s had. 

13 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Sorry, off topic. How do we get rid if fucking Alan Mains face from our thread?

Somebody please help.

Is it because you're using the app? I just use a browser, so I never see him.

(I used to use the app but had to delete it after some clown Morton fan started stalking me round the forum and I was fed up of the endless notifications. I forget who it was. Proper loon.)

3 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

I'm on the android app and have no idea about Mains face. Never had a problem.

Alan-Main-e1413454758305.jpg.e3c8ce9950bc0eed4362c19e592d8f04.jpg

Its this one. 

41 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

No alarm bells from the faithfull yet. You cant beat Pie and Bovril Saints fans. Not long till the league starts boys so glad we are up too speed and supporting Jim Goodwin on his ambition. 

I'm sure like myself plenty of us have concerns. We just don't choose to be overly dramatic and wet our kecks at every opportunity.

It's frustrating as hell, but life in the real world goes on.

I'll be at EK tomorrow, hoping that we can get a result which will lead to us having a meaningful game at Albion Rovers on Tuesday.:)

Edited by FTOF

55 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

No alarm bells from the faithfull yet. You cant beat Pie and Bovril Saints fans. Not long till the league starts boys so glad we are up too speed and supporting Jim Goodwin on his ambition. 

What do you want? Everyone to be the same gibbering histrionic mess you've been for the last 4 weeks? 

The Saints fans on P&B as a collective are some of the most level-headed and calm online. If you want a baying mob and alarm bells, go join the fucking Unofficial Facebook page where about half the posters are absolute brainless mutants who should be allowed nowhere near a platform to express their idiotic opinions. 

I'll judge us on where we are at the end of the transfer window. 

Edited by djchapsticks

9 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

What do you want? Everyone to be the same gibbering histrionic mess you've been for the last 4 weeks? 

The Saints fans on P&B as a collective are some of the most level-headed and calm online. If you want a baying mob and alarm bells, go join the fucking Unofficial Facebook page where about half the posters are absolute brainless mutants who should be allowed nowhere near a platform to express their idiotic opinions. 

Good for you mate your a decent lad and I mean that. Me well you know I'm an old edgit been following St Mirren since 1967. You just know when things are not right. As they say history repeats its self. I'm happy for you following the club line ( patience) you will learn all is not what it seems there is a storm coming I wont convince you but time will . Let's leave it at that if I'm wrong fire away at me. 

1 minute ago, Demented Zebra said:

Good for you mate your a decent lad and I mean that. Me well you know I'm an old edgit been following St Mirren since 1967. You just know when things are not right. As they say history repeats its self. I'm happy for you following the club line ( patience) you will learn all is not what it seems there is a storm coming I wont convince you but time will . Let's leave it at that if I'm wrong fire away at me. 

See, contrary to belief, I don't actually have an issue with you.

But see when you come away with bits like that in bold though? I do have issue as it boils my pish. I'm not following any 'club line', I'm waiting to see what happens FFS. I love that you believe I'm somehow important enough to even have a 'club line' to follow. :lol: 

I don't think there is a lot to 'learn' about supporting the team or things that go on at the club. I've been actively doing so for approaching 30 or so years now from childhood, through adolescence, to adulthood and now approaching middle-age. I fail to buy into this pish that 'you will learn' as if there is any marked difference in knowledge of what makes the club tick between 30 years and 60 years of support or as if there is still some trying situation related to SMFC that I haven't actually seen or experienced along with fellow supporters yet. Over half my time actively following our club has been outwith the premier league and most of it in absolute shit street. Only 2 of the first 14 or 15 seasons of me supporting St. Mirren was seeing us as a top flight club and about 70% of those were occupying the wrong end of the 1st division as it was known then.

So forgive me for not losing my shit because we haven't got our squad anywhere close to good to go in mid-July. I'm not reactionary enough to lose the plot at what might or might not happen with 6 weeks still to go. If there is a storm coming, so f**k?! Most folk of my age and older have ridden out plenty of these so called 'storms'....armageddon has never happened, all out financial meltdown has never happened and we've never seen the club in administration or threaten to close it's doors.

If we reach the 1st of September and we are 4-5 bodies short, those brought in are fucking shite and we're in the same pickle as last season....THEN is the time for recriminations (and this time the anger wouldn't be on the manager). Until then? I'll wait and see.

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

See, contrary to belief, I don't actually have an issue with you.

But see when you come away with bits like that in bold though? I do have issue as it boils my pish. I'm not following any 'club line', I'm waiting to see what happens FFS. I love that you believe I'm somehow important enough to even have a 'club line' to follow. :lol: 

I don't think there is a lot to 'learn' about supporting the team or things that go on at the club. I've been actively doing so for approaching 30 or so years now from childhood, through adolescence, to adulthood and now approaching middle-age. I fail to buy into this pish that 'you will learn' as if there is any marked difference in knowledge of what makes the club tick between 30 years and 60 years of support or as if there is still some trying situation related to SMFC that I haven't actually seen or experienced along with fellow supporters yet. Over half my time actively following our club has been outwith the premier league and most of it in absolute shit street. Only 2 of the first 14 or 15 seasons of me supporting St. Mirren was seeing us as a top flight club and about 70% of those were occupying the wrong end of the 1st division as it was known then.

So forgive me for not losing my shit because we haven't got our squad anywhere close to good to go in mid-July. I'm not reactionary enough to lose the plot at what might or might not happen with 6 weeks still to go. If there is a storm coming, so f**k?! Most folk of my age and older have ridden out plenty of these so called 'storms'....armageddon has never happened, all out financial meltdown has never happened and we've never seen the club in administration or threaten to close it's doors.

If we reach the 1st of September and we are 4-5 bodies short, those brought in are fucking shite and we're in the same pickle as last season....THEN is the time for recriminations (and this time the anger wouldn't be on the manager). Until then? I'll wait and see.

I bet you've not seen us lose to a Welsh team in a European competition. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I think they'll still be brainless mutants at the end of the transfer window.

Wish DZ would full outline the impending doom stuff that he keeps mentioning. I’ve seen him allude to the fact we are skint, but wouldn’t mind him outlining it a bit more.

Don’t just say ‘wait and see’ or ‘wait for the accounts’...give us a bit more depth to it.

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

Wish DZ would full outline the impending doom stuff that he keeps mentioning. I’ve seen him allude to the fact we are skint, but wouldn’t mind him outlining it a bit more.

Don’t just say ‘wait and see’ or ‘wait for the accounts’...give us a bit more depth to it.

Needs someone to post the details on B&W Army first so he can come on here and pass it off as his own info. 

I have to applaud dj's patience in always replying to him as I stuck him on ignore yonks ago.

I believe we are skint. Not at the stage of the cheats who paid out more than they could afford and got into administration but it means that we won't have any 'marquee' signings. Journeymen it is. Another tough season ahead but what is new about that? Even a supporter with only a few years under their belt knows that is what it is all about when you support the team.

We were always going to struggle this season, financially we’ve taken a few bad hits from paying off two managers and all the ensuing dross signed by Stubbs. Having to admit defeat with Heaton is also a sore one.

I don’t mind so much as long as we are competitive in the league as survival this season will further strengthen Goody’s budget for next year.