The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

To the surprise of no c**t. 

Not that you should care  , having spoke this afternoon after reading Scott's interview they are telling me this is at odds with Oran's side of the story.  You do know he has not told his side of the story in public. To be honest I just want to get on with Jim Goodwin and this shit to go away. 

Six trialists tonight. 3 starting, 3 on the bench. 

Admittedly, I'm quite disappointed that we're going down the route of so many trialists coming in. One or two is fair enough but it's not exactly a path that's yielded that many results in the past. 

I'd have hoped we had an actual signing strategy in place instead of bringing loads of folk in to see what they're like. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Admittedly, I'm quite disappointed that we're going down the route of so many trialists coming in. One or two is fair enough but it's not exactly a path that's yielded that many results in the past. 

I'd have hoped we had an actual signing strategy in place instead of bringing loads of folk in to see what they're like. 

Without actually writing it down sounds like what I heard makes sence. When I heard four players inbound I was very pleasantly surprised.  Maybe they will be in later this week which would be good fingers crossed. 

35 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'm inclined to agree. Any idea who they are? I'm assuming Djorkaeff is one which is a done deal apparently.

50 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

True, but it's better than last season's strategy of signing players at the request of agents and then finding out they weren't even footballers.