The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Based on? 

Not saying you're wrong, just that it's not a rule I've heard of. 

With thanks to @silvio on the Hibs thread:

Annexe 5 of the regulations state: 

Solidarity contribution
If a professional moves during the course of a contract, 5% of any
compensation, not including training compensation paid to his former club,
shall be deducted from the total amount of this compensation and distributed 
by the new club as a solidarity contribution to the club(s) involved in his training 
and education over the years. This solidarity contribution reflects the number
of years (calculated pro rata if less than one year) he was registered with the 
relevant club(s) between the seasons of his 12th and 23rd birthdays, as follows:
– Season of 12th birthday:     5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation)
– Season of 13th birthday:     5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation)
– Season of 14th birthday:     5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation)
– Season of 15th birthday:     5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation)
– Season of 16th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 17th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 18th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 19th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 20th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 21st birthday:     10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 22nd birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 23rd birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)

From the fifa doc:

https://resources.fifa.com › r...PDF
Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players - FIFA.com 

2 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

With thanks to @silvio on the Hibs thread:

Annexe 5 of the regulations state: 

Solidarity contribution
If a professional moves during the course of a contract, 5% of any
compensation, not including training compensation paid to his former club,
shall be deducted from the total amount of this compensation and distributed 
by the new club as a solidarity contribution to the club(s) involved in his training 
and education over the years. This solidarity contribution reflects the number
of years (calculated pro rata if less than one year) he was registered with the 
relevant club(s) between the seasons of his 12th and 23rd birthdays, as follows:
– Season of 12th birthday:     5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation)
– Season of 13th birthday:     5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation)
– Season of 14th birthday:     5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation)
– Season of 15th birthday:     5% (i.e. 0.25% of total compensation)
– Season of 16th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 17th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 18th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 19th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 20th birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 21st birthday:     10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 22nd birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)
– Season of 23rd birthday:    10% (i.e. 0.5% of total compensation)

From the fifa doc:

https://resources.fifa.com › r...PDF
Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players - FIFA.com 

2 hours ago, bendan said:

Thanks. Learn something new every day. 

I'm sorry I called you all mentallists

Some fiends made the trip to Northern Ireland were made welcome at Orans old club and met their chairman.  Orans's contract had nothing to do with his family moving over and was not the reason why he was told not to come back. Wonder what it could be 🤪 Fingers crossed John McGinn deals goes through.

6 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Some fiends made the trip to Northern Ireland were made welcome at Orans old club and met their chairman.  Orans's contract had nothing to do with his family moving over and was not the reason why he was told not to come back. Wonder what it could be 🤪 Fingers crossed John McGinn deals goes through.

Are your devilish associates insinuating finance was behind it, like your texting pal who you trusted 500%? Because I suppose that makes sense if you're skint, to pay off a manager with two years left on his contract and then employ a new management team.

16 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Are these fiends friends of yours? - and, if so, why are you associating with evil & cruel persons?

30 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Are your devilish associates insinuating finance was behind it, like your texting pal who you trusted 500%? Because I suppose that makes sense if you're skint, to pay off a manager with two years left on his contract and then employ a new management team.

Just like you I'm a St Mirren fan love the club. Am I putting the knife in ? No ,  it will all come out in the end . Just hate bull being written Oran left because of a computing problem making him out to be the problem it was not. Yes I would rather have Jim Goodwin but dont like what has happened to a decent guy. 

Who gives a f**k? Jim's the boss now

Listened to the interview with Tony and he said we had McAllister back. Not sure if he was just referring to last season but he certainly used the present tense so fingers crossed.

I'd be surprised if McGinn moves club this summer and even in the madness of the EPL there's no chance £50 million will be spent on a guy unproven at that level. More likely he'll move on next year after a good season with Villa.

18 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Just hate bull being written Oran left because of a computing problem making him out to be the problem it was not. 

Going by the tweet by St Mirren earlier on tonight about people unable to buy season tickets online his legacy lives on.

1 hour ago, buddie06smfc said:

Going by the tweet by St Mirren earlier on tonight about people unable to buy season tickets online his legacy lives on.

I actually wrote that wrong mate as you have worked out. Typing on my phone had nothing to do with commuting and everything to do with budget. But lets all say it's a lot of shite when accounts are published truth will be told that is the real reason for the fall out and Oran leaving. If the magic McGinn card does not come Scott is in trouble unless he puts in his own money saying that there is always a SMISA vote to help the club out in its hour of need. 

12 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

I actually wrote that wrong mate as you have worked out. Typing on my phone had nothing to do with commuting and everything to do with budget. But lets all say it's a lot of shite when accounts are published truth will be told that is the real reason for the fall out and Oran leaving. If the magic McGinn card does not come Scott is in trouble unless he puts in his own money saying that there is always a SMISA vote to help the club out in its hour of need. 

If we are as skint as you are saying, why is the club spending  ££££££££££  going to Spain pre season instead of just staying at home. Remember going away last year with Stubs certainly wasn't a success. 

If we are as skint as you are saying, why is the club spending  ££££££££££  going to Spain pre season instead of just staying at home. Remember going away last year with Stubs certainly wasn't a success. 
Probably because the clubs not paying for it.