The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Three of them were injured and there were more than two outfield players that played in the playoffs.
Other than that you're spot on.

Only 2 of them started in both plays off games and one of them was McAllister.

The injured guys probably wouldn’t have started either as they hadn’t been auto picks.

Other than that you’re spot on. [emoji12]

3 hours ago, elvis said:
4 hours ago, KB7 said:
Can you elaborate DZ?

Yes he's talking pish he knows nothing the same as the rest of us.

Trust me I do.. What makes the world go round ? If Oran goes there wont be a hope in hell Goodwin will take the job under current circumstances. Normally I know nothing other than what is posted by those in the know. This morning I recieved a text from  someone I trust 500%. Money is in short supply believe that or not. 

Bit of a sickener for you lads after the end of season optimism.

Seems just to be the way football is these days unless you support the bigger teams, as soon as things look to be on the up, things conspire to stop any momentum; good players move on, exciting young players sold, managers leave etc etc.

25 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Trust me I do.. What makes the world go round ? If Oran goes there wont be a hope in hell Goodwin will take the job under current circumstances. Normally I know nothing other than what is posted by those in the know. This morning I recieved a text from  someone I trust 500%. Money is in short supply believe that or not. 

Sounds pretty grim...

27 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

The sale of Hladkey would change that.

29 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

3 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Sounds pretty grim...

1 minute ago, AW saint said:

The sale of Hladkey would change that.

I think everyone is getting a bit ahead of themselves, here.

There's also folk suggesting on Twitter that the games next week are off and that Coleraine will be announcing Kearney on Monday or Tuesday. no evidence of either of these things happening.

For me, everyone just needs to rein it in a smidgen - we've all heard various rumours from 'good sources', none of them might be true, more than one might be true. Who knows?

But then we do love a pish of the breeks, we all know that. We also take seemingly great sadistic pleasure in predicting the next 3 or 4 levels of the downfall whenever we end up here and that's what's happening again. Remember all the fucking mystic Megs on here who panned out or entire season ahead when JR was DEFINITELY going to Dundee?

I've read in the last 2 days:

• OK is already gone
  • No money in the coffers
  • No budget for new players
  • OK clashing with Gus and GLS
  • Friendlies in NI cancelled
  • New Coleraine manager by next week
  • He is working his ticket for compensation
  • Coleraine are working him so they don't have to pay compensation
  • GLS is working the situation as an out for himself
  • Buy the Buds is on the brink of collapse due to lack of faith in board
  • Massive fallout over new assistant
  • Jimmy Nicholl and Brian Rice both left because of the setup
  • Need to sell Hladky to get money in

It's a shite situation to be here at this point in pre-season but come on - at least 90% of that is total made up bullshit. Let's see what the next few days brings.

The friendly with Coleraine has now been cancelled according to some of their fans on twitter. 

So much speculation going on that it’s difficult to know what’s really going on.  We need the club to come out and make a statement just to get some clarity about the managers position.  

27 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Maybe I'm a bit mental but I love all this drama. 

Kearney dumbfounded me with some of his random team selections. The last game at Dens was a strange starting lineup for example. 

This is true! If we had actual stability we'd be going off our tits with boredom. We'd become boring fuckers ourselves. It's been a few years since we weren't a complete basket case of a club.

Edited by Coventry Saint

34 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Maybe I'm a bit mental but I love all this drama. 

Kearney dumbfounded me with some of his random team selections. The last game at Dens was a strange starting lineup for example. 

Not every frigging year, though. :lol: 

This is now 5 out of 6 seasons of managerial upheaval or potential upheaval now.

The only one we didn't have it was during Alex Rae and even then, we were concerned that he just didn't want to sign centre-mids (aside from Kyle Hutton who clearly doesn't count).

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Saints fans complaining about managerial upheaval after hounding out a manager after 4 games

You couldn’t make it up! emoji23.png

I think it's reasonable for fans to want to hang on to managers they like: Ross, Kearney; and to hound out clueless fuckers such as Rae, Craig, Stubbs and Murray.

It's eradicating the reasons for the upheaval - by and large, poor recruitment choices - that surely most fans want.

Are you guys not worried that this is dragging on? Season starts in 3 weeks with the cup...

How many do you actually have signed up for the 1st team? Obviously you aren't signing anyone until the managerial situation is sorted but not getting business done early surely will hurt in terms of players available?

Ok I’ll bite. Livingston ffs. I think you should be a lot more worried about your own club. Any of last year’s half decent players have gone. Enjoy your one season wonder Atlis🤪🤪🤪

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

I’m hearing that OK has definitely gone and that it’s Jim Goodwin assisted by Peter Houston as the new management team. 

More speculation.😂

That's what I heard also. Also heard we are Iin financial melt down so why would Goodwin accept  ,?. Scott is I n trouble this will back fire we are financially  fucked from what I'm hearing . 

Why are we in financial meltdown though? We spent a lot of money last season with payoffs etc but we took a lot more in than usual from prize money, telly money, Transfer fees and gate receipts. 

I don't believe for even a single second that we have gone from break even to the financial shitter in a year where all income increased significantly to offset increases in outgoings. And without warning, this financial meltdown rhetoric has simply come from nowhere. 

Its simply not logical. And not true. 

We may well have trimmed the budget again but I'd imagine that's into relation of how the budget ended up rather than how it started, given we were presumably well over budget last season all said and done. That does not equate to the club being financially fucked. 

Edited by djchapsticks