The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 6/10/2019 at 20:39, Stu said:

Aside from trying to re-sign guys from last season there's barely a rumour about anyone we're trying to sign. Would be nice to have some new arrivals (and not just the return of someone who was on loan) sorted soon, just to stop us getting bored if nothing else.

Edited Monday at 20:42 by Stu

Sounds a bit like a Stubbs strategy, goodness gracious me the fans are getting board! lets sign someone, who? ojh anyone as long as they have two legs they'll do.

Joma HQ.... ‘we’ve got shitloads of unsold Swansea shirts from last season - let’s stick a big black ‘H’ on em’ and call it this season’s St Mirren shirt. It worked last season when we gave em’ the Partick template from the season before that too...’ Boosh. Job’s a good ‘un.

5D331847-BD9F-4119-AAEB-68DE5BA3C3BF.jpeg

4 hours ago, jaybeee said:

Sounds a bit like a Stubbs strategy, goodness gracious me the fans are getting board! lets sign someone, who? ojh anyone as long as they have two legs they'll do.

Funnily enough that wasn't a serious suggestion! However, I am getting slightly tired of the usual excuses for no signings - season just finished, players on holiday, transfer windows not open etc. Doesn't seem to have stopped most other teams from bringing guys in.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Joma HQ.... ‘we’ve got shitloads of unsold Swansea shirts from last season - let’s stick a big black ‘H’ on em’ and call it this season’s St Mirren shirt. It worked last season when we gave em’ the Partick template from the season before that too...’ Boosh. Job’s a good ‘un.

5D331847-BD9F-4119-AAEB-68DE5BA3C3BF.jpeg

I'm not sure you can just add stripes into a shirt :lol:

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm not sure you can just add stripes into a shirt :lol:

Nae’ bother. Swansea 2018/19.... instantly becomes St Mirren 2019/20. Those designers at Joma would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn’t for those pesky kids.

059048D6-36C4-4820-9786-248AF748FC76.jpeg

5 hours ago, Stu said:
10 hours ago, jaybeee said:

Funnily enough that wasn't a serious suggestion! However, I am getting slightly tired of the usual excuses for no signings - season just finished, players on holiday, transfer windows not open etc. Doesn't seem to have stopped most other teams from bringing guys in.

Didn't     think it was just trying to lighten things up, it is booooooring season.     :thumsup2

New strip meltdown day is always a good laugh. Grown men crying because an overpriced sweatshop t-shirt covered in adverts doesn't meet their exact specification. Same guys every year as well.

32 minutes ago, GAD said:

New strip meltdown day is always a good laugh. Grown men crying because an overpriced sweatshop t-shirt covered in adverts doesn't meet their exact specification. Same guys every year as well.

Perhaps if they introduced a special "overhanging belly" size they'd be happy.

Strip meltdown is a close season tradition. If anyone thinks it is somehow a St Mirren fan trait, then bollocks to that. Just have a look at some of the adverse reaction online to the new Juve’ kit, Barca’s chessboard ‘Croatia style’ thing.... hell, the meltdown when Juve’ changed their crest? Remember the outcry when Everton changed theirs?

So, having established that we have no more or no less ‘moaning faced cnuts with nothing else to complain about’ than any other club, what are we left with? The pieces of cloth that our players run around in to kick a bag of wind into a big net. Funny, how grown men can get worked up about watching other grown men run around kicking a spherical object into a net at all, but I digress.

Yeah, it’s a piece of cloth, and at the end of the day, it will be changed next season for another piece of cloth, so why bother even caring? Well, each to their own, and if you don’t give a fcuk if the kit was a pink romper suit with green dots - as long as the team were decent, then fair do’s.

Personally, I feel that the pieces of cloth a team wears is part of what makes them whatever it is they are. Be that Celtic’s hoops, Brazil’s famous yellow & blue, St Mirren’s stripes.

I just think we should have stripes. More than one. More than two, on the back of the shirt too, and certainly not two with a stupid treatment of the sponsor logo that visibly creates a huge ‘H’ effect. It really isn’t a meltdown though, more like a discussion, a disagreement, a difference in opinion on a subjective matter.... or, you could say, a normal open forum discussion, going back and forth.

...each to their own though, eh.

Edited by pozbaird