The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Lee Hodson being offered  a deal, no surprise  there. Tony Fitzpatrick using the national press to market Hladky for six figures but lightens the blow by we want to extend his deal. 

I worry about the big man (Fitzy).

Only a few seasons ago, he'd have been in the papers saying Hladky was worth a bazillion quid and was destined to play in a Champions League and WC Finals and we'd be looking to keep him till we won the SPFL al la Leicester City.

I wonder how much SEVCO would let Hodson go for?  I thought he was magnificent on Sunday.  On the VftT Boyata Index he must be worth 10 million.  :P

Edited by Doctor Sanchez
Fingers like Pigs Tits

8 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Only a few seasons ago, he'd have been in the papers saying Hladky was worth a bazillion quid and was destined to play in a Champions League and WC Finals and we'd be looking to keep him till we won the SPFL al la Leicester City.

I wonder how much SEVCO would let Hodson go for?  I thought he was magnificent on Sunday.  On the VftT Boyata Index he must be worth 10 million.  :P

Hodsons contract expires in 2 weeks time. Free to talk to any club just now,.

1 hour ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

I wonder how much SEVCO would let Hodson go for?  I thought he f contract was magnificent on Sunday.  On the VftT Boyata Index he must be worth 10 million.  :P

He is out contract in June. Have a feeling he will sign. 

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Trying to get rid of Alan Mains big f'kin coupon every time i get near this thread emoji23.png. So why not post a pic of a proper goalkeeper emoji7.png.NINTCHDBPICT000493099851.jpg

Alan-Main-e1413454758305.jpg.e3c8ce9950bc0eed4362c19e592d8f04.jpg

7 hours ago, scam75 said:

You'd suggest that means 100k. He's just helped us earn at least an extra 700k by keeping us in the league. I'd make him the highest earner, extend contract and be looking for at least half a million. Of course he would need to agree........

Was the talk for FC Qarabag being in for him nonsense?

If they were you'd have to imagine they'd be able to afford a shade more than £100k.

Having said that, I'd love us to extend his contract.

Obviously he really stood out on Sunday - but he's been absolutely superb since he arrived.

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Was the talk for FC Qarabag being in for him nonsense?

If they were you'd have to imagine they'd be able to afford a shade more than £100k.

Having said that, I'd love us to extend his contract.

Obviously he really stood out on Sunday - but he's been absolutely superb since he arrived.

Why would we look to sell Hladky for anything lower than high six figures? 

Even if we sold him for £300k, we'd be unselling ourselves terribly. 

I get that he has a year left, but a year with a goalie as good in the team as him is worth more than a couple of hundred grand. 

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Got to be 7 figures in my opinion. Best keeper I have seen in a long long time and we have had a few good ones. Money. Thompson. Thorburn. Connaghan.

Compare it to the fact Liam Kelly is available for 50k...

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Due to a release clause. We have no such clause with Hladky. 

Wouldn't be surprised if he has a release fee but would be surprised if it was that low. Adding in a clause might be one way of getting him to sign a new contract - although in those circumstances it should be at least £500k seeing as he still has a year to go.

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Apparently Popescu's parent club looking for £350k.

Not unreasonable for him, but think that'll be too rich for us.

They're entitled to ask for it but we shouldn't be offering anywhere near that. £100k at the most and even that I'm not convinced on. Doubt another Scottish club would take a punt on him at £350k either.

7 hours ago, Stu said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he has a release fee but would be surprised if it was that low. Adding in a clause might be one way of getting him to sign a new contract - although in those circumstances it should be at least £500k seeing as he still has a year to go.

They're entitled to ask for it but we shouldn't be offering anywhere near that. £100k at the most and even that I'm not convinced on. Doubt another Scottish club would take a punt on him at £350k either.

The only clause he had was a relegation clause, that's what I heard anyway. Apparently we are in contract negotiations with him already. 

Shite sub-editing rather than shite journalism I'd say.

Anyone else feel Heaton  should be given another shot? We're probably going to be stuck with him anyway so we might as well wipe the slate clean and give him one more chance to prove himself. Kellerman probably in the same boat given how little he played since he came back.

10 minutes ago, Stu said:

Shite sub-editing rather than shite journalism I'd say.

Anyone else feel Heaton  should be given another shot? We're probably going to be stuck with him anyway so we might as well wipe the slate clean and give him one more chance to prove himself. Kellerman probably in the same boat given how little he played since he came back.

He should be at preseason and if he puts in a showing then he should be considered. I hope he can come back and make an impact but I have my doubts. Don't think he's played much for Kidderminster.