The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Welcome back Lawrence Shankland...:ph34r:

We always knew that he was a natural goal scorer, he just had to get his around fitness issues in the modern game are crucial.

Good luck to him as he could end up with a decent career if he stays fit.

Hmm... not sure if Shankland is the answer to be honest. He's currently scoring goals sure but that was two divisions below where we need him and then against lower league opposition in the cup. I just don't believe he would achieve more in the setup we have than Mullen could if given the right service.

10 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Hmm... not sure if Shankland is the answer to be honest. He's currently scoring goals sure but that was two divisions below where we need him and then against lower league opposition in the cup. I just don't believe he would achieve more in the setup we have than Mullen could if given the right service.

It was a joke... 

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Where did you find that table? Been hunting for it since last season :lol:

Flash Scores RG......

Select last nights Betfred Cup results, at the bottom of page select standings, it's below the group's at bottom of that page......

Edited by C4mmy31

11 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Honestly? I wouldn't be surprised with some of the stuff being mentioned. Chic Young was bumping his gums about it last night and I've seen quite a few tweets saying the same.

Chick Young is also a joke...

17 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Flash Scores RG......

Select last nights Betfred Cup results, at the bottom of page select standings, it's below the group's at bottom of that page......

Loving our 5-2 goal difference on it...

37 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

We currently can't score against lower league opposition in the cup, so it would represent an improvement.

Let’s be honest I haven’t spoken to so many pessimistic fans since the Tommy Craig debacle. Yes we need to give Stubbs time to assemble his own squad and see how they perform in the first quarter. But the early signs are not good. 

The players signed so far look nowhere near as good a standard as some of the ones released from last season’s title winners.

Stubbs has a mountain to climb if he’s going to win over the fans with what’s been done up to now. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

We currently can't score against lower league opposition in the cup, so it would represent an improvement.

That's fair a point.

37 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Stubbs has a mountain to climb if he’s going to win over the fans with what’s been done up to now. 

Football is a funny thing, you know that as well. A win over Dumbarton and Dundee would probably nullify most of the mess he's made.

On the flip side, finding ourselves with no points from the first 6 games; which while has both OF in them it also includes Dundee Hamilton and Livi, and I think he'll be in a position where it's unlikely he'll recover.

Edited by Buddist Monk

3 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Shankland isn't signing for St Mirren, :lol:

Can you imagine being an Ayr fan and waking up to the news, you've sold your best player for £100k? He might go for nothing next summer but staying in the league for Ayr is worth more than £100k, Shanks could be their difference maker in staying up or going down. 

1 hour ago, Bazil85 said:

Shankland isn't signing for St Mirren, :lol:

Can you imagine being an Ayr fan and waking up to the news, you've sold your best player for £100k? He might go for nothing next summer but staying in the league for Ayr is worth more than £100k, Shanks could be their difference maker in staying up or going down. 

Had a wee read of your own forum, was a good laugh. Last time in the Championship we knocked back a £50k offer for Balatoni (stop laughing) so it would take a very large fee to even have Cameron and McCall take notice. Not to mention the fact Shankland has already turned down contracts from 2 Premiership clubs before re-signing for Ayr. 

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Had a wee read of your own forum, was a good laugh. Last time in the Championship we knocked back a £50k offer for Balatoni (stop laughing) so it would take a very large fee to even have Cameron and McCall take notice. Not to mention the fact Shankland has already turned down contracts from 2 Premiership clubs before re-signing for Ayr. 

Completely agree mate, we just have a good number of delusional fans here.