The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

So if the deals £3.5m, and the clauses that take it up to £5m are all related to international caps/goals, the percentage will be worked off £3.5m, yes? 
No. % of the total transfer value. Anyway the Hibs fans have said it's only a 5% sell on fee we have [emoji14]

14 minutes ago, Gbud84 said:

Hayden Coulson signing a season long loan tomorrow from Middlesbrough according to Robert grieve on twitter. 

Also

Also expect St. Mirren to sign ex-QPR defender Cole Kpekawa after he impressed on trial with gk Danny Rogers likely to agree a loan deal from Aberdeen.

Interesting to see who Stubbs is brining in as it seems to fit a pattern of players who haven't made it but have the potential to do so. He's only signed a few mind, so that pattern might change.

On a side note, shall we play the "Who will be left" game?

image.thumb.png.53d46ab8787734a77df75ed271c1ec90.png

By the looks of things, I'd say maybe 5 or 6 of this lot...

1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

Interesting to see who Stubbs is brining in as it seems to fit a pattern of players who haven't made it but have the potential to do so. He's only signed a few mind, so that pattern might change.

On a side note, shall we play the "Who will be left" game?

image.thumb.png.53d46ab8787734a77df75ed271c1ec90.png

By the looks of things, I'd say maybe 5 or 6 of this lot...

...with two of them being GLS and Sir Fitzy of Tache.

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

...with two of them being GLS and Sir Fitzy of Tache.

Isn't GLS only there until they raise enough cash to buy him out and take the club to being fully fan owned? Or have I misunderstood what his role is?

FWIW I think he's been pretty good in the press, same for Gilmour to be honest.

Aside from the 3 signings mentioned I’m hearing about another 2 signings before Friday. No idea who they might be but I hope they are the more experienced types, as we seem to be loading up with young inexperienced players for this level.

30 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

St Mirren Falkirk and Dunfermline have made contact with Middlesboro about striker Luke Armstrong.  I guess with us already having signed his teammate Coulson, then we will be favourites to land him.

Just looking at him, was briefly with Cowdenbeath in 2015 as an 18 year old.

2 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

St Mirren Falkirk and Dunfermline have made contact with Middlesboro about striker Luke Armstrong.  I guess with us already having signed his teammate Coulson, then we will be favourites to land him.

His brother Stretch was a decent player.

Hope I'm wrong, but the calibre of players we're signing wouldn't be good enough to win the championship - never mind compete in the premiership. The type of players Jack signed had already established themselves at decent clubs. These young lads have a lot to prove and will need to adapt to the pace of our game... I've watched a fair bit of youth football and the style of play is totally different to the SPFL, you won't get time on the ball for a start.

Getting rid of Eckerley & Gary Mac is a mistake imo. (not too fussed about the others)

8 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Hope I'm wrong, but the calibre of players we're signing wouldn't be good enough to win the championship - never mind compete in the premiership. The type of players Jack signed had already established themselves at decent clubs. These young lads have a lot to prove and will need to adapt to the pace of our game... I've watched a fair bit of youth football and the style of play is totally different to the SPFL, you won't get time on the ball for a start.

Getting rid of Eckerley & Gary Mac is a mistake imo. (not too fussed about the others)

We are all wondering what it will be like, until the squad is complete and watched a few games only then will pass judgment. At this time I'm not overly worried Alan Stubbs is no fool.