The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

I'd be surprised if we could afford both of them if we are indeed interested. I do agree with you though, if whoever we sign are playing well and scoring goals I'm pretty sure grudges will be forgotten. Stokes of the 2 seems the biggest risk.

Would agree with that. Fact is we have only made our interest known I would doubt we could afford both. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

It's nothing to do with bitter or dark. I really wish you'd stop pedalling this line and implying this whenever someone says they don't fancy either guy at the club. 

Miller is nearly 39 and a proven disruption to his last two gaffers and loves using his daft wife as a social media mouthpiece. 

Stokes is a fucking halfwit who was too much of a clown for even Neil Lennon's taste. 

I personally will give either my full support in a Saints shirt if they are delivering on the park but I can fully understand why others really wouldn't want either of them here. 

So a St Mirren fan on this very thread wrote if Stokes signed he would not go next season because Stokes is a bigot. What's more funny is you even answered him don't you remember.  There is also a few on BAWA also . Show me one thing that Stokes is a bigot. I also wrote we should go for Miller only for you to shoot me down. Your a bit self selective mate. 

57 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Dunno how Miller does it, tbh. I'm 39 and I'm fucking knackered!

He looks after himself and keeps very fit. Of course the blind can't see what he would bring to the team and our younger forwards. Miller has had a long successful career , has he been disruptive according to the blind he is. I seen a captain angry at his team mates not performing personally I call that passion and hunger we have it in McGinn another in like that would be no bad thing. 

5 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

So a St Mirren fan on this very thread wrote if Stokes signed he would not go next season because Stokes is a bigot. What's more funny is you even answered him don't you remember.  There is also a few on BAWA also . Show me one thing that Stokes is a bigot. I also wrote we should go for Miller only for you to shoot me down. Your a bit self selective mate. 

I gave my reasons behind not wanting either. Neither were 'dark' or 'bitter'. 

Neither was Buddist Monk for saying he didn't want Stokes as he believed he was a bigot. I don't see how not wanting the guy for the baggage that follows him is in any way dark. 

My point, that you have completely missed, is that it's a bit shite to accuse other folk of being bitter for having very genuine and thought out concerns about either potential signing. You really don't see the stigma and baggage these two carry?! 

There's nothing selective about my posts. I shot you down because I didn't want Miller then and if you actually read my previous post, I still don't want Miller. He's 39 ffs. I said I'd accept it but that certainly doesn't mean I want to see him in a St Mirren shirt. 

Forgive me for not agreeing with you on who we should be signing but you advocated for Ally McCoist as our manager because he was nice to you once and Jim McAllister to sign for us because he runs 15 miles a day and doesn't smoke. So I'll pass on your scouting tips. :lol:

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I gave my reasons behind not wanting either. Neither were 'dark' or 'bitter'. 

Neither was Buddist Monk for saying he didn't want Stokes as he believed he was a bigot. I don't see how not wanting the guy for the baggage that follows him is in any way dark. 

My point, that you have completely missed, is that it's a bit shite to accuse other folk of being bitter for having very genuine and thought out concerns about either potential signing. You really don't see the stigma and baggage these two carry?! 

There's nothing selective about my posts. I shot you down because I didn't want Miller then and if you actually read my previous post, I still don't want Miller. He's 39 ffs. I said I'd accept it but that certainly doesn't mean I want to see him in a St Mirren shirt. 

Forgive me for not agreeing with you on who we should be signing but you advocated for Ally McCoist as our manager because he was nice to you once and Jim McAllister to sign for us because he runs 15 miles a day and doesn't smoke. So I'll pass on your scouting tips. :lol:

So the BM does not want Stokes because he is a bigot he can't prove ? That's not bitter ? Did I point the finger at you being bitter ? No I said some Saints fans. As I  said we should look at Miller glad to be proved right with Stubbs calling him in for a chat :P Remains to be seen if we can afford Miller. Get Stokes out his contract them I'm sure he is ours. Interesting times ahead. 

So the BM does not want Stokes because he is a bigot he can't prove ? That's not bitter ? Did I point the finger at you being bitter ? No I said some Saints fans. As I  said we should look at Miller glad to be proved right with Stubbs calling him in for a chat [emoji14] Remains to be seen if we can afford Miller. Get Stokes out his contract them I'm sure he is ours. Interesting times ahead. 
Quite difficult to prove if he is a bigot or not but you should Google the two words "stokes Ira" and there is quite a lot written about him and his links to the real IRA.

If Kenny Miller has been a disruptive figure and has undermined Sevco managers, then fcuking well played son. Excellent work.

I’d take him on a one year deal on affordable wages. If he nicks a few goals that earn us points in our first season back up, fine by me. Anything more than a one year deal, then no, not for me. Would be absolutely fcuking glorious if he scored a winner against Sevco at the Simple Digital Twenny Twenny Wan Solutions Arena and ran towards the away support with his cheesy grin and one hand raised in the air. Would be worth every penny.

McNair is an ex Man Utd starlet is he not? If it's the same player he was well rated a few years back. Interesting option we'll see if anything comes from it.

As for the Stokes debate, I've said my piece and can easily defend that position but there is no point repeating it. Whether people agree is up to them but I believe most will understand my stance.

Miller was someone I had mentioned previously but that was very much under the proviso of Ross still being in charge, but in the same way I really don't fancy Stokes I can see why people are not keen on Miller.

On Monday, June 18, 2018 at 10:40, McG said:

Reilly away, I 'sbelieve the manager didn't want to keep him.

Strange one, I thought Gav would have done a job for you guys. As for Mullen unless he's changed from his Livi days he spends more time on his arse than his feet.

48 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

McNair is an ex Man Utd starlet is he not? If it's the same player he was well rated a few years back. Interesting option we'll see if anything comes from it.

As for the Stokes debate, I've said my piece and can easily defend that position but there is no point repeating it. Whether people agree is up to them but I believe most will understand my stance.

Miller was someone I had mentioned previously but that was very much under the proviso of Ross still being in charge, but in the same way I really don't fancy Stokes I can see why people are not keen on Miller.

It's not McNair you fanny

Strange one, I thought Gav would have done a job for you guys. As for Mullen unless he's changed from his Livi days he spends more time on his arse than his feet.
Gav had an offer on the table as soon as we had the league wrapped up, was obviously being advised to hold out for a better offer/team by his agent.

Think he would have done a job too but between him, Mullen and Hypolyte there is no experience of scoring goals at this level. Means now we have 1 or 2 striker slots to fill, which is vital.