The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack Ross is allowing Andrew Davies to use their facilities in order for him to recover quicker. I didn't realise Jack Ross was desperate to save us at the expense of St Mirren with him giving us Nelson on a fairly cheap deal, the 'wonderkid' (I'm not saying he is, just seems to have been labelled as such by the Sunderland fan base) at Sunderland in Ethan Robson and now this.

Top lad.

If he was that desperate to save you, he probably wouldn't have laughed in your chairman's face when he stalked him on holiday to offer him a job that time.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Jack Ross is allowing Andrew Davies to use their facilities in order for him to recover quicker. I didn't realise Jack Ross was desperate to save us at the expense of St Mirren with him giving us Nelson on a fairly cheap deal, the 'wonderkid' (I'm not saying he is, just seems to have been labelled as such by the Sunderland fan base) at Sunderland in Ethan Robson and now this.

Top lad.

Who's Andrew Davies? 

42 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You used to be able to buy away tickets in Paisley though.

Can you not for this game? They must be expecting you to sell out, or come close at least. It sold out last time, though that was a Saturday and Killie were doing a lot better I suppose.

The home end won't be full anyway. I've sat next to Killie fans in the main stand a couple of times, and sat in the main stand at Rugby park before with no issues. 

9 games to go.

We need to get 4 more points than Accies and 1 more point than Dundee over those 9 games.

To lose a late goal is always a bit of a sickener, but I think if we can get McGinn and Magennis back fit for the split, that we can do it.

9 games to go.
We need to get 4 more points than Accies and 1 more point than Dundee over those 9 games.
To lose a late goal is always a bit of a sickener, but I think if we can get McGinn and Magennis back fit for the split, that we can do it.
4 or the remaining 9 are against them. Time to show some guts.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
4 hours ago, Bobby_F said:
9 games to go.

4 or the remaining 9 are against them. Time to show some guts.

Yeah, the head to heads will be crucial, and I think we're in a much better position than we were for any of the previous ones.

Dundee have improved too, Accies not so much and even although they are 4 ahead I've a feeling they may be the ones we can catch.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Yeah, the head to heads will be crucial, and I think we're in a much better position than we were for any of the previous ones.

Dundee have improved too, Accies not so much and even although they are 4 ahead I've a feeling they may be the ones we can catch.

Since the end of the transfer window, Hamilton have picked up more points than both St Mirren and Dundee...

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

That Hamilton have secured 2 or 3 pts more than St Mirren and Dundee? 

Yes, that was in response to someone claiming Hamilton were in the worst form and somehow the most likely to finish bottom.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Theres been five games since the end of January has there not?

Correct. 

And come Saturday there will have been 6.

I'm not saying teams are only as good as their last game, but the further back you go the less relevant things become in terms of determining current/future form.

Also, Hamilton's win at Pittodrie was indeed stunning, but it was against a Dons team that most of their fans thought had an eye and a half on the upcoming cup tie with Rangers.

Hearts are  really poor team at the moment, and were lucky to beat the bottom of the Championship in a cup replay.

Accies should be looking for 3 points at home to them on Saturday, and I wouldn't bet against them getting them.

Partly though because we're at a stage in the season where some teams have a lot more to play for than others.