The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

20 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

You can get this game yes. 

Cheers. Is the quality of the footage usually decent? Falkirk TV for example have a terrible stream and it looks awful but ours is usually decent. I know there can be a wide variety depending on software etc.

52 minutes ago, stumigoo said:

Both clubs have a bit of pressure off because the league is the priority so it won't be a total disaster for whoever loses. 

Nah, agreed, though there is a growing (incorrect) perception that Oran is under a lot of pressure - and I imagine that will increase if you beat us. In fact, he might actually start to be under some actual pressure. 

Cheers. Is the quality of the footage usually decent? Falkirk TV for example have a terrible stream and it looks awful but ours is usually decent. I know there can be a wide variety depending on software etc.

It’s horrific. As an exile I am unfortunately reliant on it. When it launched a few years ago it was excellent, but as it’s run by the local uni students I think it just depends on who is doing the course at the time. The alloa game a few weeks ago was unwatchable.

I don’t expect it to be sky sports but at the end of the day it’s a paid service and the club should ensure there is a basic level of delivery from its service.

4 hours ago, stumigoo said:

It's not bad with the ground being small the camara is not far from the game. Its not sky but we'll worth the money to see the game. I have watched United TV abroad it's on par with Saints tv. 

Watching the Motherwell pre match interviews with Oran and Simeon they did very well not to give the media their headline from Saturday. Honest to Christ the way they kept asking the same questions in different ways was nothing short of entrapment [emoji85]

The Scottish media really are cowards, if they feel it’s an injustice then why don’t they report it..........after all they are supposed to be impartial [emoji57]

The writing has been on the wall for months then we proceed in all these panic loan signings from all over the place meaning we'll be starting from scratch again in the summer.  what an absolute mess the board have made of this year and should be totally accountable for everything that's happened 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Bye bye Premiership. It's been horrible.

Next time we come up I hope we have a clear plan. I don't mind going down fighting, but this has been tame as f**k.

That team and performance last night had relegation written all over it. The board are culpable in all of this shambles. 

Next season in the championship will be a whole new team again as all the loans go and we start from scratch.

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

That team and performance last night had relegation written all over it. The board are culpable in all of this shambles. 

Next season in the championship will be a whole new team again as all the loans go and we start from scratch.

Yeah. I'm not concerned - we've come up before, we'll do it again. I'm completely happy being a yo-yo team as long as there appears to be some sort of strategy to it. 

I do worry that we've been lucky with the 6 Ms production line (seven if you count S McGinn the first time round) and that we might struggle to replicate that in future.

I think serious questions need to be asked, though. I guess bringing in Gus was an attempt to ensure we have a consistent identity moving forward. That is essential, IMO. Obviously scrapping around at the bottom of the league with a terrible squad is always going to make things difficult. Lessons have got to be learnt here.

Trying to positive.... We almost need to use the next 3/4 weeks and 3 games as an opportunity to get these guys up to speed and let whole squad gel. If we can start picking up points before the split and find a bit of form we have a chance (assuming teams above us don’t find any real form)

I’m having blind faith here that these guys will come good for no other reason than this new scouting strategy we have - in that these guys have been sourced by us - and not thrown at us by agents.

Time will tell!

I’m not in the OK out camp, and fully expect him to remain in role until the end of the season. Sacking the manager wouldn’t achieve much.

However, he really needs to address some glaring issues:

- needs to settle on a formation. Chops and change every week, and couldn’t really figure out what we were trying to play. I think something between a 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 suits our players. Settle on it and stick with it.

- personally, we need a change at right back. Teams are pinpointing the space between McGinn and Baird and we are continually losing goals in this area. 

- got to take Tansey out the firing line. He’s completely devoid of confidence and he’s got to be rebuilt. His best spell at ICT was in a 4-2-3-1 with Draper next to him...would that formation work best for him?

- is fitness an issue? We can’t perform for any more than 45 mins...it’s fucking barking.

either way, OK will see the season out. We need to get behind the team and players, but concerned that the relationship between club and some supporters is bordering on poisonous. GLS seemed to be happy to take all the plaudits and make all the statements last year, needs to step up now and galvanise the club.

56 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I’m not in the OK out camp, and fully expect him to remain in role until the end of the season. Sacking the manager wouldn’t achieve much.

- needs to settle on a formation. Chops and change every week, and couldn’t really figure out what we were trying to play. I think something between a 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1 suits our players. Settle on it and stick with it.

- personally, we need a change at right back. Teams are pinpointing the space between McGinn and Baird and we are continually losing goals in this area. 

- got to take Tansey out the firing line. He’s completely devoid of confidence and he’s got to be rebuilt. His best spell at ICT was in a 4-2-3-1 with Draper next to him...would that formation work best for him?

- is fitness an issue? We can’t perform for any more than 45 mins...it’s fucking barking.

either way, OK will see the season out. We need to get behind the team and players, but concerned that the relationship between club and some supporters is bordering on poisonous. GLS seemed to be happy to take all the plaudits and make all the statements last year, needs to step up now and galvanise the club.

Is there an 'OK out' camp?? I haven't spoken to anyone that's calling for his head.

I agree with the points you make about him. The tinkerman approach is really frustrating. Fair enough some changes are needed for injuries/suspensions but we hardly seem to play the same formation two weeks on the bounce let alone have a settled team.

12 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Is there an 'OK out' camp?? I haven't spoken to anyone that's calling for his head.

I agree with the points you make about him. The tinkerman approach is really frustrating. Fair enough some changes are needed for injuries/suspensions but we hardly seem to play the same formation two weeks on the bounce let alone have a settled team.

Started to hear a few voices around where I sit in the main stand, and the obvious BAWA suspects. I think the goodwill is starting to slip...

Seen a couple of tweets last night regarding police harassment and people handing season tickets in. I’m not at the games enough to know what been going on.

I think he is tinkering so much because he still doesn’t actually know what his best 11 formation is. Hopefully he uses next couple of games to get to grips with this, so we can have a settled and hopefully match fit team to take us into the end of the season.

We need to Kyle back from injury so much.

You say you want OK to stay until the end of the season, yet every one of the points you’ve made that you feel needs changed are all failings of the manager surely? He’s been in the job more than long enough to know what system best suits his players - that can’t be a reasonable excuse. You say you need a change at right back yet OK made him your captain yesterday. Tansey was a Kearney signing and surely you don’t expect to play a formation just to suit one player - one that appears to be underperforming for that matter. And finally fitness issues again would suggest major failings from OK. More than half way through the season and not long back from a month long break? You would expect your players to be at their peak fitness at this stage.

From the outside looking in you look doomed to fail under Kearney. It was a bizarre appointment at the time and you all seem to continually blame Stubbs yet he had a better win ratio. We’ll never know for sure but I don’t think you’d be as bad off as you are if you’d kept Stubbs.

Kearney definitely is getting an easier time of it than he should.

Everyone points the finger at Stubbs awful recruitment, but we were massively unprepared for this season. The guys who's contracts Ross extended and the guys we signed in January for the 'future' have all been miles off this level. January has seen a better standard of player being added, but we're just so unorganised and soft.

My main issue with Kearney is that there's still be no signs of making us harder to beat, even if the squad is still limited you can at least try and get things tight and make us difficult to play against. Instead of our midfield and full backs being over run constantly as no one can track the ball back. The amount of space teams find in front of our full backs and behind our midfield two is shocking.

He was a strange choice at the time, second choice behind Stubbs, then becoming the man to rescue the season. He's got until the end of the season, as I can't see us sacking another manager even though things don't look like they are starting to click. I can't see any good reason for him to be staying longer than that though.