The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, paisleysaints said:

It's now being reported that Aberdeen, Forrest and Hull want Morgan on loan.  That's 1% possibility of him coming back is well and truly gone now

Rodgers said something yesterday that basically ruled us out. I hope he goes to English Championship personally,  though Aberdeen would be good for his development. 

3 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Rodgers said something yesterday that basically ruled us out. I hope he goes to English Championship personally,  though Aberdeen would be good for his development. 

Yeah I didn't hold out much hope but we were still being linked you can dream.  Aberdeen are a great fit for him and Celtic have had success sending players there.  But yeah go to England we don't need to see him lining up against us lol

4 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Aberdeen fans seem to think they don't need Morgan. I suspect they've never seen him play.

Tbf when would they have? He's only ever performed in the second tier.

I see we're appealing Lyons second yellow.

Doubt it will be upheld, which is a shame as I think it was the wrong decision, but if they can interpret the rules to let Morelos off with a yellow card for kicking someone off the ball, then there's enough doubt on this incident that they'll be able justify this yellow standing (obviously if it was Morelos involved, it would be overturned).

35 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Aberdeen fans seem to think they don't need Morgan. I suspect they've never seen him play.

Aye, he missed our pumping up there in the cup last season. 

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Mclaughlin only makes sense if Hodson is going back to Rangers for them to sell. 

So since Lewis isn't coming, any chance of Johnny Hayes instead? 

He might be able to play down the left, too, though I too suspect Hodson might be away.

I really can't see how we'll get it over turned. I still think it's simulation from Lyons.

If it wasn't his second booking I doubt so many fans would be saying anything against the decision. His first was clear as day

He might be able to play down the left, too, though I too suspect Hodson might be away.

He was on the pitch.

It was his shot that their keeper parried into Reilly's way for our goal.

He was very much in the shadow of Ryan Christie that day.

Edited to add: this in response to the bit about Morgan rather than Hodson. For some reason the app has missed out the first part.