The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

I was at the Alloa Morton game today, deserved win for Alloa, who will be a challenge next week, they tend to keep the ball on the deck, play football and have the midfield breaking past the strikers. Zannata who is on loan from Hearts will be a handful. 

Possibly the most bizarre goal I’ve seen for a very long time to win it. 

I was at the Alloa Morton game today, deserved win for Alloa, who will be a challenge next week, they tend to keep the ball on the deck, play football and have the midfield breaking past the strikers. Zannata who is on loan from Hearts will be a handful. 

In the Alloa end I hope[emoji6]

15 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

I heard that we are in for Zanatta

23 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Anymore in this week?

Definitely. I'll guess 3 or 4 in this week. 

Lyons is guaranteed. 

I imagine the striker and winger who have impressed will be signed up as well. 

The striker is Tomas Malec as was reported in the the press on Thursday and Friday. His name is out there in the press so it's fine to mention it. 

The winger's name hasnt not been mentioned publicly yet which is good for us as the worst thing would be for someone to get the bounce on us and get him ahead of us. What I've seen of him online has been very impressive indeed. I get that anyone can make a good player out of YouTube highlights but this lad seems to be a bit classy. 

All will be revealed in the next couple of days I guess. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Aw, f**k. I still just can't see it happening... But it makes more sense than Celtic loaning him to any club that's a direct (top four/six) rival.

But doesn't make as much sense as him being loaned to, say, the English Championship.

I still think he'll go south.

18 minutes ago, paisleysaints said:

Hoping we get  a couple more in the door this week ready for the cup game @McG bring us your words of wisdom

Based on the rumours, and assuming we don't get gazumped, we should hopefully be adding at least an attacking midfielder, a striker and a winger to the fold this week.

The striker and the midfielder have been identified - not sure who the winger is yet, but based on what Div said on Twitter, he showed up well in the bounce game last week and we are supposedly looking to sign him.

The icing on the cake at this stage would be Ferdinand staying to the end of the season, the the cherry on the icing on the cake would be Morgan coming back on loan. I'd rate the chances of those at 50% and 10% respectively. 

If Morgan doesn't come in, we could probably continue with the midfielders/forwards as they are. If Ferdinand doesn't stay, we'll almost certainly need another centre-half. We also still need a left full back but I feel that is marginally less urgent, at least this week.

Based on who we're bringing in, I think we're going to be playing a 4-5-1/4-2-3-1/4-3-3 (ie all basically the same thing):

------------------ S. McGinn - Tansey -------

P. McGinn - Brad Lyons - Mystery Winger

---------------------Marec--------------------

Or maybe a diamond with either McGinn or Tansey at the foot, but I'd worry about this being a bit flimsy at some of the grounds we've got to visit in the next six league games.

------------------McGinn-------------

Mystery------------------------Tansey

--------------------Lyons---------------

---Jackson--------------Marec----------

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

Based on the rumours, and assuming we don't get gazumped, we should hopefully be adding at least an attacking midfielder, a striker and a winger to the fold this week.

The striker and the midfielder have been identified - not sure who the winger is yet, but based on what Div said on Twitter, he showed up well in the bounce game last week and we are supposedly looking to sign him.

The icing on the cake at this stage would be Ferdinand staying to the end of the season, the the cherry on the icing on the cake would be Morgan coming back on loan. 

Right here is where the advert would say if Carlsberg did Transfer windows