The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

54 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

FS lads.  i come in the thread to read about St.Mirren and i keep seeing you two bangers going on and on about Josh fucking Heaton.

Have a day off eh.

The only banger is the one who can't understand simple English. Suspect I'm in the minority who would be delighted if one or more of Stubbs' signings proved a hit.

16 hours ago, NorthBank said:

What a fanny you are! He played 2 competitive games against non professionals are looked shit. He has also played in the U21 team so has not been injured all this time. And he had a full pre-season when you stated he didn't. And you stated 'maybe he impressed me' - are you now agreeing he didn't impress and is after all shit?

I clearly stated several times that the boy may come good but so far he has been shit. You just read what you want to read. Find an adult to go over my posts again with you to gain some understanding. Else take up English as your first language.

To be fair the whole team was rank in the game you mentioned.  1

23 minutes ago, Soctty said:

The only banger is the one who can't understand simple English. Suspect I'm in the minority who would be delighted if one or more of Stubbs' signings proved a hit.

I thought Heaton would of turned out good mate but I hear he is struggling big time and won’t be here for much longer.

The words I got from somebody at the club is that January is going to be a huge month for us, incoming and outgoing.

We need to stay within touching distance of the pack until then.

3 hours ago, McG said:

I thought Heaton would of turned out good mate but I hear he is struggling big time and won’t be here for much longer.

The words I got from somebody at the club is that January is going to be a huge month for us, incoming and outgoing.

Although Stubbs worked at the Vardy v9 academy he never actually worked with or witnessed Heaton or Cooke playing in their trial games. Stubbs signed both on the recommendation of Martin Christie the ex chief scout who was bagged not long after Stubbs.Unbelievable stuff even for a banger like Stubbs.

Edited by glenburn bud

Someone at the club needs to be accountable for sanctioning the Heaton deal.

Stubbs was and has been dealt with.

GLS has then realised that there was potential for future occurrences and then hired a director of football to ensure changing managers did not leave us wide open to the risk of it happening again.

5 hours ago, Fony Titz said:

Stubbs was and has been dealt with.

GLS has then realised that there was potential for future occurrences and then hired a director of football to ensure changing managers did not leave us wide open to the risk of it happening again.

Martin Christie the ex chief scout identified both Heaton and Cooke. Various other scouts were of the opinion that both players were not up to the level of the Scottish Premiership. Stubbs and Christie paid the price for decisions like that, and rightly so.

21 hours ago, McG said:

Who doesn't love a biannual January Clearout and Survival Battle?  :lol:

Alright lads, I know you've probably got bigger fish to fry at the moment but I recorded a podcast with Scott Agnew, who played with St Mirren in 2015/16, that I think you might be interested in. He talks about Ian Murray, Alex Rae and why the season was a failure for everyone concerned.

CLICK

Alright lads, I know you've probably got bigger fish to fry at the moment but I recorded a podcast with Scott Agnew, who played with St Mirren in 2015/16, that I think you might be interested in. He talks about Ian Murray, Alex Rae and why the season was a failure for everyone concerned.
CLICK
I listened to the first part this morning, looking forward to hearing his views on Rae.

33 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

CLICK

Forgot about the Union Jack and Rangers tweet issue. :lol:

Not unsurprising that he identified Ian Murray struggling with the stronger characters in the dressing room either and the team missing Goodwin, although surprised he wasn't aware how close Ian Murray was to walking. His comments on Goody pretty much reflect what others have said too. 

53 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

CLICK

Thanks, will deffo give that a listen.

3 hours ago, flyingscot said:

Forgot about the Union Jack and Rangers tweet issue. :lol:

Not unsurprising that he identified Ian Murray struggling with the stronger characters in the dressing room either and the team missing Goodwin, although surprised he wasn't aware how close Ian Murray was to walking. His comments on Goody pretty much reflect what others have said too. 

From memory the tweet thing wasn't so much the Union Jack (personally couldn't care) or even tweeting about Rangers but that one of him or Carswell said something like "now time for the proper football" about an hour after a Renfrewshire derby. Hardly the brightest thing.

However, the irony of Alex Rae giving him into trouble for tweeting about Rangers :lol:

CLICK
I really enjoy the Tell him he's Pele podcasts. Even if I haven't heard of the player it's a really good insight into Scottish football at different levels [emoji106]