• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2018/19 Thread

8 minutes ago, Drooper said:

I suppose there could perhaps be a bit more to it. Personal circumstances, recovering from injury?

What certainly is positive is that we can attract these guys even if only for a trial and possibility of a short-term deal.

Yeah, agree on both fronts.

It's 1.55am, the DJ's just stuck on Angels by Robbie Williams, and St Mirren's eyes are scanning the dancefloor for anything even vaguely acceptable - even if their best days are behind them.

12 minutes ago, Drooper said:

I suppose there could perhaps be a bit more to it. Personal circumstances, recovering from injury?

What certainly is positive is that we can attract these guys even if only for a trial and possibility of a short-term deal.

Looking at some newspaper articles, he was looking for a move to the A-League or such like...

Paisley it is then.

53 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Yeah, agree on both fronts.

It's 1.55am, the DJ's just stuck on Angels by Robbie Williams, and St Mirren's eyes are scanning the dancefloor for anything even vaguely acceptable - even if their best days are behind them.

To be fair, if the guys we were bringing in were all mid to late 30s I'd be rather concerned. 

You have to think at 29-31 years old and with the level they've spent their respective careers at, these guys could contribute massively. 

IF (massive if) they are fit enough and not carrying debilitating injuries. 

Rumours that Adam Hammill has agreed terms and is signing today or tomorrow. 

McGugan next and we're in a much stronger spot than we were a few weeks ago. Significant improvements in several areas. 

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Rumours that Adam Hammill has agreed terms and is signing today or tomorrow. 

McGugan next and we're in a much stronger spot than we were a few weeks ago. Significant improvements in several areas. 

McGugan not signing mate, not fit and carrying a few niggles.

Hammill could be a game changer.

These big name signings are starting to remind me of Dundee United's in their relegation season. Hopefully they're more up for it than the rag tag crew that turned up there.

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

These big name signings are starting to remind me of Dundee United's in their relegation season. Hopefully they're more up for it than the rag tag crew that turned up there.

This. I'm struggling to remember many of these types who make a success of it up here. They generally spend six months trying to get up to speed before slinking back down south.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I wouldn't say they are 'big names' necessarily. It is all relative to what Stubbs brought in.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. I'm struggling to remember many of these types who make a success of it up here. They generally spend six months trying to get up to speed before slinking back down south.

Talking of which , how's Tony Watt getting on ?

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not disagreeing, but it's literally the only option we have at this stage. At the start of the transfer window, we had the nucleus of a squad that could have competed, it just needed some quality and experience adding to it. Stubbs added inexperienced unknowns.

We are now, at least, trying to add those two elements to the squad. It's a huge roll of the dice, but in  weird way, we're so bad at the moment that the pressure is off. 

23 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Talking of which , how's Tony Watt getting on ?

Pretty well from what I've seen of him.

Looks to be a cracking signing.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Pretty well from what I've seen of him.

Looks to be a cracking signing.

:lol:

Think that was the joke... 

Still absolutely baffles me that Stubbs went through an entire transfer window and didn’t sign one winger. What a fud.

1 minute ago, ulysses said:

Still absolutely baffles me that Stubbs went through an entire transfer window and didn’t sign one winger. What a fud.

Especially after all the 'one-man-team' chat. If that's what he believed, then fine, whatever, but surely you'd be looking to replace that 'one man'.

Clueless f**k.

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Especially after all the 'one-man-team' chat. If that's what he believed, then fine, whatever, but surely you'd be looking to replace that 'one man'.

Clueless f**k.

Clueless f**k is one of the more polite descriptions that I’ve heard anyone use to describe Stubbs & Jackson. :shutup

Things are starting to come together at last. Hammill is an excellent signing, as are both Ferdinand and Jackson. I hold my hands up as one who was horrified at Stubbs sacking, but I have to admit that these are the kind of signings I expected in the summer

On 03/10/2018 at 11:32, CambieBud said:

Things are starting to come together at last. Hammill is an excellent signing, as are both Ferdinand and Jackson. I hold my hands up as one who was horrified at Stubbs sacking, but I have to admit that these are the kind of signings I expected in the summer

It is a pity that we lost a few months under Stubbs. I don't imagine many of us would have anticipated just how badly he could f**k it up, but that is in the past now.

As you say, the last few signings give us some hope at least. Whether they work out or not will only become clear in due course, but at least there are positive indications that Kearney knows what he is doing.