The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Are you really that stupid. 

Facts are, we're on a 9 game unbeaten run and the only time in those 9 games you've popped your head above the parapet, was to type something along the lines of 'lolololol' when we went 2-0 down at Palmerston and then fucked off again when we won.  

One of us is certainly stupid, I'll give you that. A wee hint though - it's not me. 

42 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

An experienced, esteemed and respected broadcaster like Chick Young isn't going to reveal the phone call he had with Jack Ross without JR's say so. Clearly Ross wants to go if he is pushing Chick to reveal this to the masses. He must be quite confident of being offered the job.

Anyway, who do the Maureens want to replace him? Ray McKinnon? John Hughes?

Mixu would be a perfect fit.....

Perhaps Buddist Monk can come out of hiding and offer his eloquent, well informed opinion of who should come in????

If I was Ross I'd be using this as a bargaining tool, not maybe in terms of wages but the available resources if/when* we get promoted. I don't think that is unfair or unreasonable either. If Barnsley are saying you'll get this, this and this, that would presumably be ahead of the planning we have in place just now as it's all been about securing the promotion - not necessarily what happens next. Not that I'm saying people haven't given it thought, but until this sort of situation arises there was no real need (in the short term) to give it any amount of extended consideration.

There is a flip side to Ross genuinely having an affection for the club, in the sense that I can't imagine he'd be happy at putting the club's financial position in doubt just to try and match the offer from Barnsley (or, any other club for that matter).

For me, I still think he'll stay and for the reasons I had mentioned earlier that we don't need to revisit. Interestingly there are sensible long term posters on here who also hold that position, which is comforting to an extent.

* it's when, we all know it's when..

10 minutes ago, MacArab said:

Perhaps Buddist Monk can come out of hiding and offer his eloquent, well informed opinion of who should come in????

Bloody hell, you are like a stalker. One minute you are telling me to go away, next you are begging me to post. Make up your mind, ffs... :rolleyes:

As for who should come in? Are you as premature in other facets of your life as you are here?

Edited by Buddist Monk

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

It certainly is.

As the fan of a team who has blown a huge lead in a league, I'd have thought you'd empathise with wanting the chairman to do anything he can to get us over the line.

No, I would like you to feel the pain of that...

20 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

I think you'll find many turned to personal insults rather than dealing with the facts, that mixed with numerous misquotes and blatant assumptions. Even in your answer you are misrepresenting the situation.

Listen, I get it, open forum and all that, people get pissy. It's not needed though.

9 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Bloody hell, you are like a stalker. One minute you are telling me to go away, next you are begging me to post. Make up your mind, ffs... :rolleyes:

As for who should come in? Are you as premature in other facets of your life as you are here?

So much for being the calm voice of reason rising about the personal insults.

I can't possibly think what might have turned you into an angry mess this morning.

Actually, fair one on point 1; can’t have it both ways. Please f**k off.

As for point 2, You’re the one who has prematurely described your team as champions way before it is a mathematical certainty, so people in glass houses and all that...... 

1 minute ago, MacArab said:

Actually, fair one on point 1; can’t have it both ways. Please f**k off.

As for point 2, You’re the one who has prematurely described your team as champions way before it is a mathematical certainty, so people in glass houses and all that...... 

Someone is going to come on and point out that the word you were looking for was 'arithmetical'.

Won't be me though.

20 minutes ago, MacArab said:

You’re the one who has prematurely described your team as champions way before it is a mathematical certainty, so people in glass houses and all that...... 

From the same poster who stated, "This is the only thing that could stop you boys cantering over the finish line" when discussing the reactions of the team to the departure of a manager that hasn't gone. That's twice you've contradicted yourself in two posts. Hope the rest of your day turns out better.

From the same poster who stated, "This is the only thing that could stop you boys cantering over the finish line" when discussing the reactions of the team to the departure of a manager that hasn't gone. That's twice you've contradicted yourself in two posts. Hope the rest of your day turns out better.

If the worst thing that happens to me today is having my posts on P&B picked apart by a pedantic cockwomble, then I’ll be a happy Arab.^_^

7 minutes ago, MacArab said:

I’ll be a happy Arab.^_^

After the way your team has been playing, and management have been failing to manage, and directors failing to direct...is there such a thing?:whistle

Edited by JimmyMirren

5 minutes ago, JimmyMirren said:

After the way your team has been playing, and management have been failing to manage, and directors failing to direct...is there such a thing?:whistle

Fair Point on all counts. Have to take happiness where you can tbf. For Exmaple:

A happy Arab is an Arab driving home on Tuesday night listening to Dundee FC blow a 2-1 lead with half an hour to go against 10 man Killie to ulimately lose the game, plunging them deeper into relegation trouble.*

*Concious that this is not the place for pish like this as has nothing to do with St Mirren but thought it would be rude not respond.

The curse of having a good manager is that sooner or later another club will try to get him; that's the same for all clubs other than an elite few.

The problem for Ross is if he turns this down he can't be sure when the next chance will come; there is no way Barnsley will keep the offer open.

FWIW I reckon St Mirren have won the league regardless of whether or not Jack Ross leaves, there seems to be a togetherness among the players that mean they will drop very few points between now and the end of the season.  I think it would take a couple of long-term injuries to key players to deny St Mirren the title.