djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2018/19 Thread

Just now, Buddist Monk said:

I think you'll find many turned to personal insults rather than dealing with the facts, that mixed with numerous misquotes and blatant assumptions.

Listen, I get it, open forum and all that, people get pissy. It's not needed though.

I don't think any of that has happened here.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think any of that has happened here.

You misquoted me for crying out loud! This for example..

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

You're claiming to know better than everyone because you've watched Jack Ross' interviews.

I never said anything of the sort, what I said was people should at least listen to what the man says day in day out rather than tittle tattle of The Sun.

Do I want to spend time debating the debaters, 'qui disputet conquisitor' as it were? No of course not, but it's difficult not to post 3 or 4 rebuttles when people have blatantly misinterpreted what I said.

Bottom line, if Ross goes I'm happy as the club is back in the Premier. If he doesn't, I'll be happy as we'll have continuity. At this moment it's all win/win for St Mirren fans. Next season will be the nightmare of the shitfest express, leaving from Paisley St James.

I understand Jack Ross has spoken to Barnsley today, but he remains far from the only candidate. It does appear they are going for the 'young and promising' approach rather than anybody with significant levels of experience.

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

You misquoted me for crying out loud! This for example..

I never said anything of the sort, what I said was people should at least listen to what the man says day in day out rather than tittle tattle of The Sun.

Eh, except that's not what you said...

5 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

What is entirely clear is that there are an absolute shit ton of people on here who have never listened to a Jack Ross interview in their lives, who are now postulating his moves based on their own grubby desires for more money.

No mention of the Sun there and quite clearly you're implying that people don't know what they're talking about because they don't listen to Jack Ross, when in actual fact a lot of St Mirren fans (who do listen to Jack Ross as much as you) agree with the viewpoint that he might fancy taking the job.

If Jack Ross does go to Barnsley, will you be apologising to anyone?

dJ_LSkE-_bigger.jpgAlan Nixon @reluctantnicko
FollowingFollowing @reluctantnicko
More

Swansea u23 coach Cameron Toshack also on Barnsley manager list. Allowed to speak. StMirren’s Jack Ross meeting today.

5:00 PM - 14 Feb 2018

This boy seems to ken his shit.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

If Jack Ross does go to Barnsley, will you be apologising to anyone?

I'll certainly admit I was wrong, I've got no issue with that! I've been wrong loads of times.

The problem with forums is you miss the subtlety of the delivery, so people can look a lot angrier than what they actually are. I guess people have picked that up from my comments. I could fill the place full of emoticons to try and offset that but I just think that makes people look a bit mental.

So is he allowed to go speak to them without Saint Mirrens permission.

Please find below message from all at DUFC* to both Jack Ross and  especially to Buddist Monk.....

*this does not constitute the official views of Dufc.

please-go-now-full.jpg

8 minutes ago, elvis said:

So is he allowed to go speak to them without Saint Mirrens permission.

No.

The problem is if he wants to go. Like a player not wanting to be at a club, it's just a nightmare. So you could be in "the right" but it effecting the club far more than just relenting in the first place.

I can't see Ross going. Managers get very few opportunities to actually achieve something concrete and he's on the verge of winning the league. Entirely possible that this will be his only opportunity to do that in his career. He'll have plenty of opportunities in the summer if he wants to move on to a bigger club and bigger wage. No need for him to rush it.

Chicko's phone has rung on air. News may be about to be broken...

Edited by Lurkst

Amazed to read that Rangers are considered as part of a big 2 in Scotland. Diddy basket case of a club.

Won’t begrudge Jack Ross a move unless it’s to Rangers. In that case I hope he fails and lands back at Saints 6 months later.

2 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Chicko's phone has rung on air. News may be about to be broken...

More likely to be the home checking his whereabouts after curfew than an exclusive.

Jack travelled down there last night was put up in a hotel for an early afternoon interview which ended around 19.15 That' a lot of hours talking make of it what you will I reckon we are looking for a new manager that' my gut feeling. 

This is looking ominous for st Mirren. Can someone check if Buddist Monk is ok?

Some of the knicker pishing on here is mental.

If he goes, he goes. We're never going to stand in his way.

Is it a blow? Of course but it's a blow we'll be taking sooner rather than later. The likelihood is that James Fowler would then step in to JR's shoes for the remainder of the season and we'd take it from there as presumably JF will follow Jack south eventually. It would likely be a smooth enough transition at this stage as the players who are there already are presumably comfortable with Fowler.

If he goes, he's left us in a far stronger position than where we were when he took over and has done enough work to hopefully see us over the line. If he stays, it's because he sees the value in a league win on the CV of a young manager and also because he's got faith that there is a bigger opportunity on the horizon somewhere. The likelihood is that if Barnsley want him, the pull of the Championship will be too much to resist. We'll regroup and move on.

Saturday's game is going to be interesting if he's not here how will the players that signed for him feel  this could derail our whole season .