The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

10 hours ago, paisleysaints said:

Some right doom and gloom. We won't be the only team that the dons beat by a few goals. Yes defensive mistakes cost us. But grand scheme of things second best team in the country. That defence of ours has been preforming well recently. And if we get a positive reaction on Friday this game will be forgotten about quickly.

Exactly. They pumped Hibs 4-1 at Pittodrie about a month ago.  Yesterday has no bearing on our league campaign, nor does it necessarily show a massive gulf between us and Premiership teams. It was a disappointing performance and result away from home against a pretty decent Aberdeen side.

If we do go up this year hardly anyone will even remember who put us out the Scottish Cup.

No windfall on Kenny unfortunately as the sell on % is on profit only. Dons paid us roughly £200K and seem to be selling him for same so we will get 10% of f**k all!

46 minutes ago, Div said:

No windfall on Kenny unfortunately as the sell on % is on profit only. Dons paid us roughly £200K and seem to be selling him for same so we will get 10% of f**k all!

Great business by the old board who altho saved us in 98 they relegated us in 2014/15 when frankly their leadership of our club was absolutely horrendous.  An appointment of a manager soon after tommy left would have helped and not selling kenny on last day of the window. Ok he had an agreement but given the clubs position surely we could have tried to hold on to him. The old board did much good but let's not forget the club was in poor shape not all that long ago. 

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Exactly. They pumped Hibs 4-1 at Pittodrie about a month ago.  Yesterday has no bearing on our league campaign, nor does it necessarily show a massive gulf between us and Premiership teams. It was a disappointing performance and result away from home against a pretty decent Aberdeen side.

If we do go up this year hardly anyone will even remember who put us out the Scottish Cup.

I'll never forget who put us out the Irn Bru Cup this Season..

Also, the cnuts who knocked out the Scottish Cup in 2006, when we won the Title.

Motherwell in 1977 and Aberdeen in 2000.

No cnut in 1987 :thumsup2

Edited by shull

6 hours ago, shull said:

Also, the cnuts who knocked out the Scottish Cup in 2006, when we won the Title.

2006 was very different though as it was a quarter final away to a club who were a league below us and both of the ugly sisters were gone from an early stage. It was a real missed opportunity. It doesn't reflect on that league winning team or taint any memories of the season other than wondering what might have been. 

Aberdeen in 2000 though? No issue with it whatsoever. Just like I've no issue with Saturday or getting beat with an experimental team against Raith earlier in the season. 

Edited by djchapsticks

23 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

The poster is at the wind up when you consider that no team in the championship has either the resources or the required quality of player to compete against the second best team in the country. That’s the last distraction out of the way for us and we can now fully focus on winning this league. The pundits and the media all expect Dundee Utd to go on and win it so I would use that as an extra motivation . 

How we’ve performed in the cups will have no bearing on our league form.

Felt we were swept aside very easily and have seen that kind of performance pop its head up now and then , Morton , Dunfermilne, Dumbarton, Dundee United.  Not trying to be too critical would just like to know the cause don' mind losing as long as we play as best we can we did not in these games. For me Hill could be the answer to help stop the off games a tough ball wining midfielder he must start against Dunfermilne. 

On 1/21/2018 at 10:46, glenburn bud said:

The pundits and the media all expect Dundee Utd to go on and win it so I would use that as an extra motivation . 

If the team needed any extra motivation then this should be it.  I highly doubt they do as JR will be telling them to forget all about the cup it was a free game albeit a disaster.  Take each game as it comes and don't look to far ahead UTD will be putting pressure on us and i expect it to go right to the wire.  As i said earlier positive reaction and a much better preformance at EEP needed first and foremost.  the rest will take care of it's self.  We seen enough nightmare to get too ahead of ourselves and i doubt the manager will have them thinking about anything bar Friday night

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Felt we were swept aside very easily and have seen that kind of performance pop its head up now and then , Morton , Dunfermilne, Dumbarton, Dundee United.  Not trying to be too critical would just like to know the cause don' mind losing as long as we play as best we can we did not in these games. For me Hill could be the answer to help stop the off games a tough ball wining midfielder he must start against Dunfermilne. 

You can imagine him starting in the away games, especially against top-half opposition; maybe an option from the bench in the home games.

Not seen enough to know what he's like creatively, but we have enough going forward in this team to be able to afford one less creative midfielder.

He was a fair fucking size, mind - exactly what we need in the middle of the park. 

16 hours ago, shull said:

Haha. Fair enough. 

I was more meaning supporters of other teams.

Who put us out the Challenge Cup in 2000??

6 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Haha. Fair enough. 

I was more meaning supporters of other teams.

Who put us out the Challenge Cup in 2000??

Inverness put us out the Challenge Cup and the League Cup up there in successive weeks. 

Kevin Bissett was the referee for one of the games and was the worst homer ref I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Inverness put us out the Challenge Cup and the League Cup up there in successive weeks. 

Kevin Bissett was the referee for one of the games and was the worst homer ref I've ever seen. 

Absolutely some of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen came via his whistle.

Imagine we had a stand named after a referee!!!!! 

The Willie Collum West Stand. :shutup

Jack Ross, Paul Hartley and Jim Goodwin..? Bungling burglars?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/bungling-masked-burglars-caught-less-14187701

JS141158609.jpg

I certainly hope not. There's been no theft at St Mirren since Riyaid Mahrez nicked a bike to escape us. And when Jens Paeslack stole a watch. Oh, and when we stole Lee Bullen's title in 2000.

:P

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I wonder if we will be seeing a new face in time for fridays game at EEP. 

It must be Dobbie and Quitongo because a guy on Black & White Army keeps saying we should sign them and that's how football works.

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

It must be Dobbie and Quitongo because a guy on Black & White Army keeps saying we should sign them and that's how football works.

Its difficult to take posters on that site seriously when you see the likes of Shull trolling his fellow fans, and getting loads of bites.