djchapsticks

The St. Mirren FC 2018/19 Thread

25 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Takes some balls to post that when you're 15 points behind us. I salute you and your massive balls. But not your team: they're shite. 

:lol:

Quite hard to make an exciting signing when your squad already contains a striker who has scored 20 goals and counting this season as well as arguably the best player in the league.

Edited by Stu

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Takes some balls to post that when you're 15 points behind us. I salute you and your massive balls. But not your team: they're shite. 

Ooft :lol:

Seeing as we are past the half way mark, thought I'd drop this into the thread..

5a5de9f77423b_Screenshot-2018-1-16ScottishChampionshipinsandouts-Summer2017.thumb.png.d590e5ba9340baebe0517e308cfe6c1f.png

It's a BBC piece from when the Summer transfer window shut.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40606056

To save you the bother, they were predicting...

1) Dundee United
2) Falkirk
3) Dunfermline
4) St Mirren
5) Qos
6) Inverness

Right you guys, is there really any need for you to strengthen your squad, gonna no gee the rest of us a chance?

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Seeing as we are past the half way mark, thought I'd drop this into the thread..

5a5de9f77423b_Screenshot-2018-1-16ScottishChampionshipinsandouts-Summer2017.thumb.png.d590e5ba9340baebe0517e308cfe6c1f.png

It's a BBC piece from when the Summer transfer window shut.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40606056

1) Dundee United
2) Falkirk
3) Dunfermline
4) St Mirren
5) Qos
6) Inverness

Not terribly ridiculous to be honest. We had a poor Betfred cup campaign. Dunfermline were playing well and Falkirk had a great Betfred cup too. Most of them would have tipped us for playoffs last year too!

1) Dundee United
2) Falkirk
3) Dunfermline
4) St Mirren
5) Qos
6) Inverness

Hardly a ludicrous prediction tbh. Infact I'm sure I remember a lot of St Mirren fans on here predicting something similar in terms of where you would finish.

17 hours ago, Stu said:

Quite hard to make an exciting signing when your squad already contains a striker who has scored 20 goals and counting this season as well as arguably the best player in the league.

I don't think you need the word 'arguably' in this post.

I wonder if there will be an announcement in the next 15 minutes? ;)

1 minute ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol:

Is it a monster? 8)

Now looking pretty solid with plenty of depth and cover in the middle of the park. 

One more forward and we'll be set. 

Squad is taking shape nicely for 2nd half of season. And for next season premiership challenge

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Now looking pretty solid with plenty of depth and cover in the middle of the park. 

One more forward and we'll be set. 

Ourselves and another championship club are after the same striker.

Would that be UTD if not its surely no a hard decision for said striker. If it is money talks he'll be going to them.

Why would he go anywhere else?? If it's money then f**k him - shit attitude