The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

56 minutes ago, btb said:

Sorry my post wasn't meant as a dig - just saying that the money the BoD eventually got was based on the money they put in. To the best of my knowledge none of the outgoing BoD are rich and I wouldn't have wanted to see them leave with nothing but they did have the kudos of being custodians of the club for 20 years and got the kudos that goes with this and they were lucky enough to get their initial money back. 

They dodged the old trap of how to make a small fortune from a football club...........

Reveal hidden contents

............start with a large one.

It's ok, I didn't take it as a dig. :)

I also agree that, all things considered, I am glad they emerged without being significantly out of pocket. All told, the club was in a better state than when they took over and we saw some success in those years, so I have no hard feelings at all.

See that we've now officially launched a women's team today and are starting in the lowest tier of women's football. A league currently propped up by Pollok Utd ladies who have a goal difference of -156 from 20 league games. They've already lost 16-1, 22-0 and 24-1 this season.

53 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

See that we've now officially launched a women's team today and are starting in the lowest tier of women's football. A league currently propped up by Pollok Utd ladies who have a goal difference of -156 from 20 league games. They've already lost 16-1, 22-0 and 24-1 this season.

As long is it doesn't put the club or fans out of pocket, I'm all for it.

That's the spirit

In a bit of a grinch mood :P, apologies.

Will keep an eye on the development of this, not sure where it sits on the list of priorities just now but if it’s beneficial to the club it can only be a good thing.

Woman’s football is on the up in the UK, the sport is about entertainment and it certainly provides it.

It's a good thing. The club is about more than just the first team and anything that improves our participation levels, standing in the community, and overall sense of purpose as a 'family club' are to be welcomed. It might help to turn more families into St Mirren families. More kids coming through as fans because there is more of a connection to the club.

I am ok with this.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

78f94c7c7ee308818fc7ce8c5ac321ab.jpg

The bitter bun had a heads gone moment last night, looks like he thought he was sending a PM.

Thank god Alex Rae gave Lewis Morgan a new deal eh, otherwise i’m pretty sure the club would have released a proper talent without thinking.

Like Sean Kelly?

Like Sean Kelly?

Is Sean Kelly a proper talent? He’s playing at a better level than us now but left backs are easy to come by, Eckersely is just as good imo.

Anyway that’s besides the point, Rae taking the credit for Morgan when he has been touted as a huge talent for the last few seasons is my point [emoji14].

35 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Is Sean Kelly a proper talent? He’s playing at a better level than us now but left backs are easy to come by, Eckersely is just as good imo.

Anyway that’s besides the point, Rae taking the credit for Morgan when he has been touted as a huge talent for the last few seasons is my point emoji14.png.

I can't see the photo. What's he saying? 

Unbelievable start to the season for you guys but also for Gavin Reilly. 15 goals already is great form. How has he been? I've only seen him once this season for DAFC at EEP in our 3-0 win and he was anonymous but clearly that must have been a one-off. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/11/23/reilly-revels-in-special-day-after-four-goal-haul/ 

How good is it to have Harry Davis back :wub:

He misjudged a header on the half way line in the first half which let John Baird in, other than that he was excellent. Strolled through what was a difficult game.

I don't think it's a coincidence we kept a clean sheet with him in the team

https://www.equality-network.org/our-work/policyandcampaign/sport/football/

Why haven't St. Mirren signed up to this yet. I essaged the official twitter account weeks ago about it.

Admittedly that's probably just one person, and someone who doesn't make decisions, but seems poor from us when 29 out of 42 have already signed up.

Edited: scrap that, it appears we have. Maybe the website was't updated. 8d15e5d21bf073351000854eacbe11e4.jpg