The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

Disappointing none of our own youngsters is deemed capable of stepping up to fill in when we're so short. Thought Whyte was meant to be able to play centrally despite Ross deciding he's a fullback.

At home to that strikeforce might not be the best game to hand him a start... but I think I'd still risk it. He might have a blinder. Also, I assume that if Ross didn't think Whyte was worthy, then he'd have gone out on loan somewhere.

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

At home to that strikeforce might not be the best game to hand him a start... but I think I'd still risk it. He might have a blinder. Also, I assume that if Ross didn't think Whyte was worthy, then he'd have gone out on loan somewhere.

Like this :lol: https://www.stmirren.com/news/club/all-news/1172-darren-whyte-joins-forfar-on-emergency-loan

McCart loan signing confirmed. At least he has some first team experience, albeit for a guff side. Would have been nice if it had been sorted a few days ago to give him more time training with the rest of the squad.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

McCart loan signing confirmed. At least he has some first team experience, albeit for a guff side. Would have been nice if it had been sorted a few days ago to give him more time training with the rest of the squad.

Given it's a fixed duration loan it makes sense to sign it as close to a game as possible I guess.