The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 hours ago, Stu said:

Kenny paid for the hosting for the server the forum was on and it expired. Norrie was going to set up a new forum but either hasn't had the chance to or has decided against it.

Despite being a long time user of it, I can't say I miss it that much - mainly because in the final few months a certain fat pipe fitter had returned.

It was good back in the day. Shame it died. There were strong St Mirren dedicated forums in both B&W Army and the ‘feeshal website forum’. Indeed, back ‘in the day’ we regularly organised ‘forum fives’ which were well subscribed and great fun on the fives pitches under the old Caledonia stand, and latterly on the pitches at the new midden.... before the fragile airdome contraption.

Ach well, life goes on.

I was looking for it the other day for my sixth monthly peak and it was gone. It was really good back in the day but had gone really downhill in recent years. I chucked it after being moderated for using the word 'bomber' during the sevco debacle.

55 minutes ago, Munoz said:

The 3 (Mc, Anton,Mac) of them are all fit as far as I know. 

Hodson too I believe although Tansey is out for the rest of the season.  The Duck is suspended for the Livi game but all things considered we're in a good state regarding player availabilty! 

51 minutes ago, btb said:

Hodson too I believe although Tansey is out for the rest of the season.  The Duck is suspended for the Livi game but all things considered we're in a good state regarding player availabilty! 

Definitely. A great time to have a nearly full squad to choose from. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anders Dreyer has returned to Brighton after an injury that's ended his season.  

That's a bit of a blow but hopefully we've more than enough cover now with a near fully fit squad. 

7 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I realise you guys have more pressing issues, however I wanted to know what you thought of Greg Buchanan during his time with St Mirren. We have a topic on players we'd like to keep and he's causing a bit of a debate.

Meh...not the best, not the worst.

Put it this way, no-one has ever gone 'we made a massive mistake in letting Buchanan go'.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Meh...not the best, not the worst.

Put it this way, no-one has ever gone 'we made a massive mistake in letting Buchanan go'.

He never looked out of place though, he always looked good enough for a full time Championship team to me. I thought he'd have done alright at Morton.

I realise you guys have more pressing issues, however I wanted to know what you thought of Greg Buchanan during his time with St Mirren. We have a topic on players we'd like to keep and he's causing a bit of a debate.
Him and Baird just about held our defence together when Davies and McKenzie were out injured at the start of last season. We were conceding a lot of goals but luckily our fire power meant be were scoring enough to top the league.

Cheers guys. I listed Buchanan with the players I'd like to keep (with the right partner), but was surprised at the kickback I got. I don't know if I watched the wrong games but he looked okay to me. One of the Ton fans suggested he hides in games, I honestly don't think it's possible for a centre half to hide!