The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

45 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Correct. 

And come Saturday there will have been 6.

I'm not saying teams are only as good as their last game, but the further back you go the less relevant things become in terms of determining current/future form.

Also, Hamilton's win at Pittodrie was indeed stunning, but it was against a Dons team that most of their fans thought had an eye and a half on the upcoming cup tie with Rangers.

Hearts are  really poor team at the moment, and were lucky to beat the bottom of the Championship in a cup replay.

Accies should be looking for 3 points at home to them on Saturday, and I wouldn't bet against them getting them.

Partly though because we're at a stage in the season where some teams have a lot more to play for than others.

Aye, but the post I made was in response to someone claiming Hamilton have been the worst team "since the window ended", which is why I used more than 4 games.

20 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Yeah, the head to heads will be crucial, and I think we're in a much better position than we were for any of the previous ones.

Dundee have improved too, Accies not so much and even although they are 4 ahead I've a feeling they may be the ones we can catch.

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Since the end of the transfer window, Hamilton have picked up more points than both St Mirren and Dundee...

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, but the post I made was in response to someone claiming Hamilton have been the worst team "since the window ended", which is why I used more than 4 games.

I think the 'someone' that mentioned the window was you.

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Club saying two weeks would think that's too short. 3 to 4 weeks is more realistic.  

Jamie Vardy and Kasper Schmeichel both had the same op, carried out by the same surgeon.

They made their comebacks after seven and nine days respectively.

19 hours ago, FTOF said:

Jamie Vardy and Kasper Schmeichel both had the same op, carried out by the same surgeon.

They made their comebacks after seven and nine days respectively.

That's good news .  Stephen has had criticism from some of our support.  Totally unjust in my opinion.  

3 hours ago, Munoz said:

Some goal from the Duck last night for Haiti 

Cracking goal.

I'd imagine even if he makes it back to the UK in time for Wednesday's game he'll be knackered.

Maybe best saving him for Saturday?

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Cracking goal.

I'd imagine even if he makes it back to the UK in time for Wednesday's game he'll be knackered.

Maybe best saving him for Saturday?

Agree with that given the amount of travelling.

Haven’t been keeping up with any of the forums for a while, but just wondered, and apologies if it’s common knowledge - has the forum on the St Mirren club website been knocked on the head? Can’t see it on any of the website drop down menus any more.

Haven’t been keeping up with any of the forums for a while, but just wondered, and apologies if it’s common knowledge - has the forum on the St Mirren club website been knocked on the head? Can’t see it on any of the website drop down menus any more.
I heard it was Kenny who paid the hosting fee so probably yes.

15 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it was hosted on a different server to the main site and that the payments weren't being renewed.

Oh where was that...B&W Army!

Come back PB, I always enjoyed your posts, apart form those on American "Football" which is shite.

Kenny paid for the hosting for the server the forum was on and it expired. Norrie was going to set up a new forum but either hasn't had the chance to or has decided against it.

Despite being a long time user of it, I can't say I miss it that much - mainly because in the final few months a certain fat pipe fitter had returned.