The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Certainly doesn't look good. 

Something feels wrong at the club at the moment (aside from the obvious). Incredible how quickly things can change, when you consider where we were last year, especially with the buzz around the club, the support, the manager, etc. 

As a point of interest why did they decide upon taking the injured fan out of the stadium through W7,when it’s a seperate stand altogether from where the away fans are situated. 

Not excusing any of the despicable spitting behaviour, but it strikes me as strange that this was the chosen route out of the ground.

17 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Chalk and cheese as they say from a year ago...

Yep. Think we'll be seeing you again next season. 

9 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

As a point of interest why did they decide upon taking the injured fan out of the stadium through W7,when it’s a seperate stand altogether from where the away fans are situated. 

Not excusing any of the despicable spitting behaviour, but it strikes me as strange that this was the chosen route out of the ground.

Yeah, certainly a strange decision, but you'd like to think a fan being stretchered out of a ground would be basically safe no matter which part of the ground it was happening in.

31 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Must have been a decision made by first aid/police etc.

Given the seriousness of the injury the decision was taken to remove the fan by the quickest means possible which was through the vomitory at W7.

However as CS states, where the injured party was taken out shouldn't have been an issue.

27 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Must have been a decision made by first aid/police etc.

However as CS states, where the injured party was taken out shouldn't have been an issue.

I’m not disagreeing or taking issue  if someone is injured,then the relevant emergency services should take whatever route they deem necessary. 

It was more a question of why other fans were asking about it on the twitter feed.

It seems like the ones responsible can’t properly be identified from cctv footage.

The ambulance usually sits towards the family stand add to the fact that camera trucks usually sit across the corner between the West stand and the away stand would make it difficult access.
I can see the logic in wheeling the guy out by W7. Spitting is deplorable and the route taken to wheel the injured guy out should not even be up for discussion.

even to a DAB that behaviour is truely deplorable. on a serious note i hope st mirren can identify those responsible. ive always had a lot of time for st mirren fans, cant be easy choosing a diddy side with the scum on your doorstep, and enjoy my days out in paisley.

i bet this turns out to be a couple of teenage fannys

1 hour ago, Munoz said:

Fake news supposedly. 

Yeah, pretty embarrassing from the club all round, especially if what they reported wasn’t correct.

There’s a serious issue now between club and the fans, and it needs to be sorted. We need everyone pulling in the right direction...it’s starting to feel like the end of the Gilmour era.

7 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Yeah, pretty embarrassing from the club all round, especially if what they reported wasn’t correct.

There’s a serious issue now between club and the fans, and it needs to be sorted. We need everyone pulling in the right direction...it’s starting to feel like the end of the Gilmour era.

There should be a public apology from the club if this does turn out to be a crock of shecht. Unfortunately the damage has been done. 

It increasingly looks like the club is being run by a bunch of amateurs. 

There should be a public apology from the club if this does turn out to be a crock of shecht. Unfortunately the damage has been done. 
It increasingly looks like the club is being run by a bunch of amateurs. 
No chance they will apologise.

They seem to forget there is a whole load of future adult season ticket holders in W7 that could get put off coming back through the gate after the way they have been treated by the stewards, police and now the club.

The negative headlines are out there now though, the damage has been done.

At least it has taken the attention off another piss poor result and fellow fans falling out all over the shop. W7 will be used by away fans next season and the place will return to being a grey shoe box with no atmosphere.

I wonder how many folk will cancel their SMISA membership too...

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I wonder how many folk will cancel their SMISA membership too...

In all seriousness, I could be tempted. I'm about as non-knee-jerky as it's possible to be, so will see how this pans out.

Bear in mind that if we go down, there'll be little point selling W7 to away fans as there won't be any games that require it. Or do you mean only W7 to be used by them?

In all seriousness, I could be tempted. I'm about as non-knee-jerky as it's possible to be, so will see how this pans out.
Bear in mind that if we go down, there'll be little point selling W7 to away fans as there won't be any games that require it. Or do you mean only W7 to be used by them?
Sorry bud, yeah back to the way it was. So W6/7 used for away fans and the stand behind the goals closed.

1 hour ago, paisleysaints said:

What a difference a year makes. From a club on the up. We seem to be sinking on and off field very quickly.

Indeed.

The rate and extent to which pretty much everything associated with the club has turned to shite is quite staggering.

The statement issued yesterday was fucking idiocy. 

I assumed that for a club to issue a statement accusing its own supporters of some deplorable behaviour it would be at least 99.9% that it happened.

If we have genuinely put out a statement claiming our fans spat on a guy who was unconscious and that hasn't happened then good grief.  I would say whoever wrote/approved the statement should be fired but as it was almost certainly the chairman then that won't be the case.

Not that any of this excuses fans spitting at other fans, which does seem to have happened.

35 minutes ago, Stu said:

I assumed that for a club to issue a statement accusing its own supporters of some deplorable behaviour it would be at least 99.9% that it happened.

If we have genuinely put out a statement claiming our fans spat on a guy who was unconscious and that hasn't happened then good grief.  I would say whoever wrote/approved the statement should be fired but as it was almost certainly the chairman then that won't be the case.

Not that any of this excuses fans spitting at other fans, which does seem to have happened.

I've been looking at twitter and here and to be honest ended up confused by the whole thing! It seems there is massive distrust between W7 fans, the police and the club.  As far as I gather some spitting occurred but the circumstance are wrong? In any case spitting is poor form.

Shame for the guys in W7 who started it as it seemed excellent if some hangers on are spoiling it. 

I have no doubt the club want to sell additional away tickets too and the opening up of West Stand to home supporters is a massive barrier to that, especially now as we're shite. Our relegation would probably limit that need anyway!  

20 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

The ambulance usually sits towards the family stand add to the fact that camera trucks usually sit across the corner between the West stand and the away stand would make it difficult access.
I can see the logic in wheeling the guy out by W7. Spitting is deplorable and the route taken to wheel the injured guy out should not even be up for discussion.

Isn't there a first aid room based under W7?