The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I believe that Oran has some free agents coming in for training who Play in that position.

There are some decent players who are without a club that are free. Maybe our signings are not finished.

Really disappointed that we haven’t signed a proper defensive midfielder this window, I would even have prioritised that over a striker. We’re still so weak in the middle of the park.
Now that we have signed a left back i wonder if Erhahon could slot into midfield for the time being?

McGinn is clearly fucked

With the latest 2 signings we must already be at the 21/22 plus youth players described as our target - by my count we're only 5 short of the peak squad size back in October when it was described as unwieldy and split into two by OK.

If we're going to sign someone else the only position I'd consider would be a defensive midfielder but even then he'd have to be a definite first choice who's match fit and ready to slot into the team straight away. - otherwise I'd stick with what we have.

If you are outside the UK and want to watch St.Mirren TV next week on a single match pass will it have the Scottish Cup fixture against United? It advertises all league games but can't see a mention of a game in the cup? Cheers.

If you are outside the UK and want to watch St.Mirren TV next week on a single match pass will it have the Scottish Cup fixture against United? It advertises all league games but can't see a mention of a game in the cup? Cheers.
Pretty sure the our cup tie v Alloa was shown on it

Yes, every senior home game is covered.

13 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
13 hours ago, stumigoo said:

Pretty sure the our cup tie v Alloa was shown on it

11 hours ago, Torfason said:

Yes, every senior home game is covered.

Cheers, thanks for the help.

20 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Should be a decent game. I'd put you at slight favourites given our huge squad churn, but we are better at home than on the road.

It'll be interesting.

We played County a couple of seasons ago thinking we had  decent chance as they were struggling and had just signed a huge number of players. They beat us 6-2...

It should be a decent game though, hopefully we take a good number through and the game is at least competitive for both sets of fans. Both clubs have a bit of pressure off because the league is the priority so it won't be a total disaster for whoever loses.