The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

5 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

25yo and only ever started 25 league games in his life is a slight concern. Given his lack of game time his career record of 12 goals (he has made a few sub appearances) is reasonable but his career so far is classic "jobber"

He's started more than 25 in sure. 

He got 24 starts and 16 sub appearances last season between Coventry and Oldham and scored 12 goals. 

Decent enough return and even a couple of days ago, Coventry fans were desperate to get him back in. 

16 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's started more than 25 in sure. 

He got 24 starts and 16 sub appearances last season between Coventry and Oldham and scored 12 goals. 

Decent enough return and even a couple of days ago, Coventry fans were desperate to get him back in. 

That's about it bar games in the French semi pro leagues and India. Barely kicked a ball in Belgium or for Wolves. As I say ok strike rate but he's been all over the shop and never waited anywhere.

Signed 2 complete unknowns close to the end of the window and everyone is delighted after being suicidal earlier in the day. 
I just love fitba! Bring it on!
Not sure if delighted covers it for myself but i'm sure our recruitment team will be breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Now watch the hyper fans slate the new signings in a few weeks time [emoji23]

21 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Not sure if delighted covers it for myself but i'm sure our recruitment team will be breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Now watch the hyper fans slate the new signings in a few weeks time emoji23.png

If they haven't all settled in fully by the Rangers game I, for one, will be livid.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:
2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:
If they haven't all settled in fully by the Rangers game I, for one, will be livid.

Just pay them off now

Useless fuckers have done NOTHING in a St Mirren shirt. I'm gonna buy a half-season ticket so I can throw it at Gordon Scott.

Edit: on a serious note, I've asked a guy whose opinion I really respect what he made of Duckens at Coventry. Will update when I hear back.

Edit: he says he 'did the business' and was a great character too. Looking forward to seeing him, tbh.

Edited by Coventry Saint

32 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Really disappointed that we haven’t signed a proper defensive midfielder this window, I would even have prioritised that over a striker. We’re still so weak in the middle of the park.

They are really few and far between. Hence Bigirimana going to Hibs, I guess. Just not that many to go around.

48 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

Really disappointed that we haven’t signed a proper defensive midfielder this window, I would even have prioritised that over a striker. We’re still so weak in the middle of the park.

I believe that Oran has some free agents coming in for training who Play in that position.