The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

Our last Saturday home game was Aberdeen on 15th December our next and last Saturday home game before the split is Dundee on 30th March. 

Does look like the home fans have been shafted by fixture list and the changes. 

Edited to add this is league games only. 

Edited by DumbartonBud

Him and McAllister would seriously help our creativity issues.

Got a bad feeling Jack Ross hasn't finished shafting us this season [emoji852]
[emoji849]

Was always going to happen.

At least we knew we didn't have a hope in hell when Tony Fitz was begging for Morgan to come back in a tweet [emoji23]

Also rumours that Dundee are about to sign a Sunderland midfielder, to go along with Nelson.

If they are any good, that's strengthening our relegation rivals. Jack Ross, SMTID, aye right.

Edited by Hendo

57 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Also rumours that Dundee are about to sign a Sunderland midfielder, to go along with Nelson.

If they are any good, that's strengthening our relegation rivals. Jack Ross, SMTID, aye right.

How much input is Ross likely to have in these loan deals? Sunderland will have structures in place to get certain players out on loan.

He can hardly block a young player going to get first team football because it might harm his former club.

14 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

How much input is Ross likely to have in these loan deals? Sunderland will have structures in place to get certain players out on loan.

He can hardly block a young player going to get first team football because it might harm his former club.

Is the point though that if this guy is good, and wanted first team football, he should have offered him to Saints first?

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Is the point though that if this guy is good, and wanted first team football, he should have offered him to Saints first?

Why?

At a club the size is of Sunderland I wouldn't be surprised if Jack Ross had little to do with arranging a loan move for a youth player. Even if he does, maybe Dundee enquired and we didn't. Maybe the player's agent knows someone at Dundee and arranged it. Or maybe Jack Ross trusts Jim McIntyre more than Oran Kearney.

There's any number of reasons why.

I don't understand how we can't just look back fondly at Ross's time with us. He's not out to get us, he's out to do the best for Sunderland.

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Why?

At a club the size is of Sunderland I wouldn't be surprised if Jack Ross had little to do with arranging a loan move for a youth player. Even if he does, maybe Dundee enquired and we didn't. Maybe the player's agent knows someone at Dundee and arranged it. Or maybe Jack Ross trusts Jim McIntyre more than Oran Kearney.

There's any number of reasons why.

I don't understand how we can't just look back fondly at Ross's time with us. He's not out to get us, he's out to do the best for Sunderland.

I wouldn't expect him to do anything detrimental to Sunderland - but loan to Dundee and loan to Saints are very similar things for the player/club.

I agree that we don't know the detail, and that Saints may not want another midfielder for example, but I think most people would hope that if things were equal he'd nudge things our way rather than that of one of our rivals.

I wouldn't expect him to do anything detrimental to Sunderland - but loan to Dundee and loan to Saints are very similar things for the player/club.

I agree that we don't know the detail, and that Saints may not want another midfielder for example, but I think most people would hope that if things were equal he'd nudge things our way rather than that of one of our rivals.
I always wondered why Norwich signed Tony Andreu from Accies for £1M after Alex Neil left Accies for Norwich [emoji1]

20 hours ago, Stu said:

Fully expecting after tomorrow the old refrain of "Well, the window closing doesn't matter to us as the players we'd be looking to sign are already free agents" to be trotted out.

A classic from the first decade of the transfer window.

No need to even wait on the window closing:

26 minutes ago, Stu said:

No need to even wait on the window closing:

Absolutely galling. 

Asked before and will do so again. What are our recruitment team of Gus and Tony actually bringing to the table? 

Our remit was to get one player who would improve us up top. So far, that hasn't been done despite Fitzy happily spilling his guts to everyone listening in the 1877 club before the Alloa game that 2 strikers were done deals. 

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Absolutely galling. 

Asked before and will do so again. What are our recruitment team of Gus and Tony actually bringing to the table? 

Our remit was to get one player who would improve us up top. So far, that hasn't been done despite Fitzy happily spilling his guts to everyone listening in the 1877 club before the Alloa game that 2 strikers were done deals. 

If they can't tempt one striker to the club during an entire transfer window, there is something wrong.

Still time yet though..

Edited by Main Stand Moaner