The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, greenock saint said:

Take a look at official forum. Mr Dickson and his hangers on will leave you digging out those Tena men. Guy has serious issues.

He's a mentalist. He's taken to Trolling the Facebook page as he's not allowed on BAWA anymore. 

Bear in mind though, he's spent the last 15 years telling everyone that he's not a St Mirren fan yet is still utterly obsessed with us. 

Edited by djchapsticks

striker (or 2) and that’ll be us for this window I’d reckon.

Hladky

P. McGinn Popescu Ferdinand Muzek

McAllister S. Mcginn Tansey Lyons Dreyer

New ST

Holmes Baird Erhahon  Flynn MacPherson Jackson Cooke

Injured- Rogers Hodson Mackenzie Magennis Kellerman Mullen

Take a look at official forum. Mr Dickson and his hangers on will leave you digging out those Tena men. Guy has serious issues.
I've stopped posting on it and am trying to stop reading it as he has pretty much ruined what was left of it.

It is hilarious seeing his hypocracy though. He criticises fans for deciding a player is good based on some YouTube clips, then slates all our signings as duds based on, er, YouTube clips.

8 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's a mentalist. He's taken to Trolling the Facebook page as he's not allowed on BAWA anymore. 

Bear in mind though, he's spent the last 15 years telling everyone that he's not a St Mirren fan yet is still utterly obsessed with us. 

Yeah it’s gone a bit further than opinions he is ripping into everything and anything the club is doing.  A bit concerning for a forum labelled as official. Seems to be getting a free reign.  Mentalist is good lol.

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

I've stopped posting on it and am trying to stop reading it as he has pretty much ruined what was left of it.

It is hilarious seeing his hypocracy though. He criticises fans for deciding a player is good based on some YouTube clips, then slates all our signings as duds based on, er, YouTube clips.

Yeah quite a sad place now.

10 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

striker (or 2) and that’ll be us for this window I’d reckon.

Hladky

P. McGinn Popescu Ferdinand Muzek

McAllister S. Mcginn Tansey Lyons Dreyer

New ST

Holmes Baird Erhahon  Flynn MacPherson Jackson Cooke

Injured- Rogers Hodson Mackenzie Magennis Kellerman Mullen

From that injured list Magennis is a definite stroll back into first XI, Hodson and Mullen options from bench and Mac is good backup if any of the other three (Ferdinand) get injured. 

I still genuinely reckon there's two more coming in. 

You've missed the part where he knows a guy or someone who's gerbil has seen the said player play etc

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3799207/alan-stubbs-tony-bellew-tough-mentality-st-mirren-no-hard-feelings-big-interview/

A few things he said do ring true. The squad wasn't good enough and the proof of this is who remains. The replacements for those who left is what was damning though. 

What he said might ring true in terms of budget if he didn't spunk upwards of 100k on said budget on Josh fucking Heaton. 

Also, if you know you are working with a budget too small to be comfortable with, why tell the people interviewing that a good manager will make do with the budget he has and maximise it as much as possible? Gives you no comeback to moan about it you fucking halfwit. 

Me too. I am sick of him turning everything into a negative and a few sheep believing the nonsense he literally makes up. Obsessed is the best word to describe him. Norrie has shown tremendous patience but even he is reaching his limit.

Shame as there were and still are a lot of good Buddies on the forum. Between that and the fuds who pollute every thread on B&WA, this in an oasis.

5 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Me too. I am sick of him turning everything into a negative and a few sheep believing the nonsense he literally makes up. Obsessed is the best word to describe him. Norrie has shown tremendous patience but even he is reaching his limit.

Shame as there were and still are a lot of good Buddies on the forum. Between that and the fuds who pollute every thread on B&WA, this in an oasis.

BAWA is alright as long as you learn to deal with the most toxic of halfwits.

The likes of LordPityMe usually give themselves enough rope to inevitably hang with yet will contest everything til the bitter end, even when they know they are up shit creek without a paddle. I still enjoy flitting between as BAWA is generally a bit more active in terms of pure St. Mirren fans. That being said, I do get the feeling though, that the consensus from BAWA is that P&B = other teams fans = the fucking worst....which couldn't be further from the truth. 

51 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3799207/alan-stubbs-tony-bellew-tough-mentality-st-mirren-no-hard-feelings-big-interview/

A few things he said do ring true. The squad wasn't good enough and the proof of this is who remains. The replacements for those who left is what was damning though. 

What he said might ring true in terms of budget if he didn't spunk upwards of 100k on said budget on Josh fucking Heaton. 

Also, if you know you are working with a budget too small to be comfortable with, why tell the people interviewing that a good manager will make do with the budget he has and maximise it as much as possible? Gives you no comeback to moan about it you fucking halfwit. 

He added: “From my perspective, it needed a bigger transformation than people thought.

“It’s noticeable, that of the players I inherited, there aren’t many still there.

“Whether people like it or not, there were players there who weren’t good enough for that level. That’s the harsh reality of it, in a nutshell.

“That then made the recruitment vitally important and it was very, very difficult. We were shopping in the smallest of shops.

“Ideally, I would have been able to sign players with experience of the Scottish Premiership, but you can’t attract them on the type of money that was available.

Yeah, can't disagree with that but WTF was the 75k  and a 3 year deal to Heaton  all about? And Darren Jackson being employed?

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I was at school with him. He genuinely was a fan of the club and when i bumped into him a few years ago he still was. As for his ramblings on bawa he is just being a twat. 

11 hours ago, greenock saint said:

Is that insufferable bore still posting drivel? Did he not make a big deal about not being a fan anymore 20 years ago??

In the Stubbs article he mentioned how he tried to get Kyle McAllister and Lewis Morgan in the same breath as how he develops players. So his strategy was to bring back two players who has already been developed by the club and moved on...

Aye right you are Alan. 

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

BAWA is alright as long as you learn to deal with the most toxic of halfwits.

The likes of LordPityMe usually give themselves enough rope to inevitably hang with yet will contest everything til the bitter end, even when they know they are up shit creek without a paddle. I still enjoy flitting between as BAWA is generally a bit more active in terms of pure St. Mirren fans. That being said, I do get the feeling though, that the consensus from BAWA is that P&B = other teams fans = the fucking worst....which couldn't be further from the truth. 

Yeah, weird that. It's the mix of fans on this place that make it great, and keep it honest. 

21 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Tansey and McGinn as the midfield platform, Dreyer, Lyons and McAllister in front with licence to push forward, and Jackson or new striker (or Cooke, I guess) up top. Real shame the Marec didn't pan out, I really liked the idea of a mobile beanpole up front.

Looks like that's what we've gone for. I approve. Here's hoping it pays off.

f**k it. Shouldn’t have lost that but once Anton and Kyle are fit we should have a decent 12/13 players assuming new signings come good. If we can add another 2-3 before the window then we can maybe scrap our way out of this.

How far off is Kyle from returning?

I think Popescu, Lyons and McAllister are very good additions. Keeper too - despite having lost 9 goals in his three games!

Surely the Danish boy, if he was sold for £2m 6 months ago will have suffered today for just having met his teammates and will surely come on to a game. 

Need at least one of the new signings to be a decent striker as I think we suffered today from having very limited options to change things in that area.