The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

3 minutes ago, GAD said:

He's not even the only guy to make a c**t of himself over it, but he's still managed to make sure he's the only one everybody is laughing at. 

I enjoy seeing how fanbases react.

Dundee fans hurl abuse, Aberdeen fans start crying about how much you hate them, and St Mirren fans all start circle jerking each other with green dots.

Next match thread will be fun, I imagine.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee fans hurl abuse, Aberdeen fans start crying about how much you hate them, and St Mirren fans all start circle jerking each other with green dots.

We aren't circle jerking, we are smugly mocking you. There's a difference.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And don't forget red dotting those that don't agree with them.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And RandomGuy has a tear stained meltdown whilst most of the rest of the St. Johnstone supporters distance themselves from him at every opportunity.

Our starting line-up last night was fucking bleak. We've now got eight days to rescue this absolute disaster of a season.

It's going to be difficult to bring players in, as we're already finding. Striker, left back, winger. All absolutely essential.

If Kris Boyd is going on a free, I really hope we sign him. He'd be a good start.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

Our starting line-up last night was fucking bleak. We've now got eight days to rescue this absolute disaster of a season.

It's going to be difficult to bring players in, as we're already finding. Striker, left back, winger. All absolutely essential.

If Kris Boyd is going on a free, I really hope we sign him. He'd be a good start.

I’ve already accepted our fate, it makes it slightly less painful when the inevitable happens. We are miles away from the required standard to compete at this level. I don’t see that changing this window. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

It will always look bleak with a team containing basically 5 new players (Kellermann had played 1 minute in the league before last night, and 0 under the current manager) and going to play the champions away.

Sunday will be more of a barometer for me, against a team who are struggling for form a wee bit, and with hopefully another couple of signings in the door. I'll be keeping the faith that we can turn it around, and last night is not a game I will be using to gauge our progress, or the lack of it.

12 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I’ve already accepted our fate, it makes it slightly less painful when the inevitable happens. We are miles away from the required standard to compete at this level. I don’t see that changing this window. 

Yeah, think you're right. There's no way we're progressing from where we are, to where we need to be, in the next week or so. Even if we bring in the 'bare minimum'/essential players as I've outlined above, that's still just an acceptable starting XI. Squad would still be very thin on quality.

Bit galling if McIntyre finishes above us, mind, proving that he'd have been the safer bet in the summer. 

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

It will always look bleak with a team containing basically 5 new players (Kellermann had played 1 minute in the league before last night, and 0 under the current manager) and going to play the champions away.

Sunday will be more of a barometer for me, against a team who are struggling for form a wee bit, and with hopefully another couple of signings in the door. I'll be keeping the faith that we can turn it around, and last night is not a game I will be using to gauge our progress, or the lack of it.

That's why I said our starting line-up and not the performance/result :P

I do agree with you, I'm trying not to feel too down about it. I've been on the record as not being that fussed about relegation from day one. We've also landed badly with the post-break fixtures. Seeing Dundee get a result against Hearts while we get pumped by Celtic (where has that happened before... rings a bell for some reason :whistle ) just made it a bit tougher.

35 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You do know that when teams are struggling for wins St Mirren are the team that provides it without exception. Don't expect Sunday to be any different. 2-0 Hibs. 

31 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

That's why I said our starting line-up and not the performance/result :P

I do agree with you, I'm trying not to feel too down about it. I've been on the record as not being that fussed about relegation from day one. We've also landed badly with the post-break fixtures. Seeing Dundee get a result against Hearts while we get pumped by Celtic (where has that happened before... rings a bell for some reason :whistle ) just made it a bit tougher.

Hamilton also got pumped last night , and will get pumped again on Sat. Plenty of games left , but they won't matter unless we can attract some quality in. 

18 minutes ago, elvis said:

You do know that when teams are struggling for wins St Mirren are the team that provides it without exception. Don't expect Sunday to be any different. 2-0 Hibs. 

I think you're talking bollocks, with all due respect.