The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

What's the big deal????

Had the interviewer mentioned St Mirren when he asked the question and Josh  then said 'that particular club' then I could see why people are getting upset but the interviewer refers to it as 'your time in Scotland'. 

Maybe he feels as though hes moved for the season and quite rightly only wants to talk about his new club. 

Absolutely nothing said by him worth getting offended about. 

What's the big deal????
Had the interviewer mentioned St Mirren when he asked the question and Josh  then said 'that particular club' then I could see why people are getting upset but the interviewer refers to it as 'your time in Scotland'. 
Maybe he feels as though hes moved for the season and quite rightly only wants to talk about his new club. 
Absolutely nothing said by him worth getting offended about. 

Probably.

Still an excuse to hate Stubbs though [emoji23].

Best case scenario for us is he goes down and comes back a footballer and does a job for us for 2 seasons.

Morale is low among the fans just now. This boy is an easy target, unfortunately.

St. Mirren are Heaton's employers who have been paying his wages for 6 months for zero return. He had two opportunities to show what he could do (and both against non professional sides) and failed miserably. A bit of respect to employers and a change of his arrogant attitude may help his limited career prospects.

20 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Disappointed he has gone to Kiddiminister being realistic no matter what league we are in next season playing at that level isn’t going to get him prepared to play for us next season. 

Suggests that he probably won't be playing for us next season.

Not much to get excited about in that interview but the boy is clearly a rocket. 

I heard a few stories when the signings came in during the summer about the arrogance of some of the English lads thinking it would be a walk in the park.

4 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

The plus point is if we can find someone to take him we must have a good chance of being able to off load some of the others. 

I would hope so, although Heaton is tried and tested at that level and by all accounts did well. I'm not sure King has played many games anywhere and Kpekewa has  only a handful of appearances for about 6 different clubs. They could well be harder to find clubs.

13 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Not much to get excited about in that interview but the boy is clearly a rocket. 

I heard a few stories when the signings came in during the summer about the arrogance of some of the English lads thinking it would be a walk in the park.

We had the same issue with Marcus Maddison, who came up to us after a failed loan spell with Blyth fucking Spartans, yet expected to walk into the side despite it being March and him being miles behind the rest of the squad.

Despite Tommy Wright spending extra sessions with him, and even coaching him during U20 games, he just flat out refused to do anything other than try and skin entire teams and score himself. He moaned and moaned then demanded a release, about five months after joining, as he seemed to think Saints were below him and it was a disgrace how he was treated.

I doubt we’ll be seeing Heaton after this loan deal finishes. He’s a daft young boy who thought that the top level in Scotland was going to be a cake walk. 

He quickly found out that he couldn’t even find his level against fucking Spartans and Queen’s Park, with due respect to both clubs.

He’s  back at the level  where he belongs now and hopefully Kpekawa and King follow him out the door, as we rid the club of all the sub standard jobbers that Stubbs has lumbered us with.

I doubt we’ll be seeing Heaton after this loan deal finishes. He’s a daft young boy who thought that the top level in Scotland was going to be a cake walk. 
He quickly found out that he couldn’t even find his level against fucking Spartans and Queen’s Park, with due respect to both clubs.
He’s  back at the level  where he belongs now and hopefully Kpekawa and King follow him out the door, as we rid the club of all the sub standard jobbers that Stubbs has lumbered us with.

Not so sure bud, comes on at 1-0 down..........soon becomes 3-0 down [emoji85]

Cammy Smith apparently off to Dundee Utd on Monday. He had a medical on Friday but Saints pulled the plug on the deal by asking for a fee.  It seems that  this has now been resolved and he’s the latest of the championship winning side to leave.

He was an integral part of last season’s title win, but he’s been unable to make an impact at this level for various reasons. Sad to see him go nonetheless.

7 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Cammy Smith apparently off to Dundee Utd on Monday. He had a medical on Friday but Saints pulled the plug on the deal by asking for a fee.  It seems that  this has now been resolved and he’s the latest of the championship winning side to leave.

He was an integral part of last season’s title win, but he’s been unable to make an impact at this level for various reasons. Sad to see him go nonetheless.

Means we have someone better to replace that's got to be good news Vince.  Cammy gave us an amazing Championship for that we are very greatful.  

Sad to see Smith go, but he's not made a huge impact, in fact he's had no impact at all really.

I still feel he's not been given a fair crack of the whip. He was one of the best players in the Championship last year, arguably the best. I thought he was ready to make the step up. Part of me thinks it he'd had a good run of games he might have been able to get up to speed.

I just hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. I can just imagine what will happen in a playoff against Dundee Utd.

Smith was one of the top users of the ball we had last season. He would rarely waste a pass and could keep the ball. He looks a different player now sadly and has sulked for most of this season. I wish him well but we need players who have the right attitude and who will get us out this mess. 

19 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Sad to see Smith go, but he's not made a huge impact, in fact he's had no impact at all really.

I still feel he's not been given a fair crack of the whip. He was one of the best players in the Championship last year, arguably the best. I thought he was ready to make the step up. Part of me thinks it he'd had a good run of games he might have been able to get up to speed.

I just hope this doesn't come back to haunt us. I can just imagine what will happen in a playoff against Dundee Utd.

That's a garuntee.