The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

15 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Ah okay, I wasn't expecting Killie to get anywhere near filling the away stand.  Hope you do though.

We've filled it last few times we've been IIRC.

15 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

There’s been times when you’ve not sold out as well, can’t risk relying on waiting to see if Killie are doing well to make decisions. Add to the fact we’ve sold more season tickets.

Correct, it's usually close to sold out even when we're shite though.

Club shop saying our initial allocation is 1600 and more if needed, not sure if they are giving out dud info though. I've got mine so don't really care.

15 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Nope

Aye, looks like it.

11 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

I don’t think I could ever go into the “wrong” end at a game.

Depends how much you want to see a game, I've done it abroad with Scotland.  Never had to do it here though, although a few of my mates have for Killie games here at places like Somerset, Ibrox etc when the away allocation sold out. We won 3-0 at Ibrox years ago and only got 900 tickets or some shite, wheareas allocation was usually about 2,000 back then. When we got locked in at end it was easy to spot the Killie fans. I don't know how much I'd enjoy a Killie game in wrong end though. Scotland is different.

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

It was explained to you why this wouldn't happen.

Thanks for that.

17 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm asking a serious question, you've moved home fans in the past when we've sold out the away end.

There is absolutely no chance that you will get any seats in the west stand or the family stand. If you take up the allocation for the away stand then I’m afraid that’s it.However I do sympathise  when more fans decide to support their club, it should be possible to accommodate them in the main stand if adequate stewards and segregation is possible. But my guess is the police won’t allow it.

13 hours ago, RussellV1 said:

I don’t think I could ever go into the “wrong” end at a game.

Have done it several times for Scotland games, always been fine. Remember the Spaniards laughing at us celebrating our consolation goal in the 3-1 loss in Alicante. 

Mate of mine works with a Nigerian boy who's good pals with a few Celtic players. Back when that winger Wakasu (something like that?) was at Parkhead,  my mate sorted me and a pal tickets for the Players Lounge at Parkhead. We lost 2-0 but was a good day out suited and booted. 

A couple of seasons ago I asked him to sort the same, and his workmate was able to sort us tickets, this time through Efe Ambrose. I asked for 3 (same mate and this time his dad). Got suited and booted again and arrived in Glasgow for some pre match drinks. Mate text me to say he had sorted 4. I text another pal to fling his suit on and get himself to Glasgow for a free day out at hospitality at the football, which he duly did. 

We were to meet a security guard at a certain statue outside Parkhead. Got there and got the envelope off him, opened it only to discover the 4 tickets weren't for hospitality as we had been told, but were instead just for the main stand, amongst the Celtic fans. My pals pointed out that my blue suit with a white shirt and a red tie probably wasn't the best choice, so the tie got ditched and the 4 of us went in to the Celtic end dressed to the nines for no reason. 

Early on, Boyd had a chance, and my mates dad cheered him on. Mate had angry words with his dad and pointed out he couldn't be doing that or we'd get lynched. We agreed we would all keep shtoom from then on. 10 mins later, Souleymane Coulibaly then scores the goal of the season, doing a chop to get past Scott Brown then firing it in from 40 yards. We all sat on our hands in disbelief, unable to celebrate the best goal we'd ever scored at Parkhead. 

Celtic went on to win the game 6-1. Giving a wee token applause to their goals soon got very, very old.

Quite possibly the most Efe Ambrose thing ever.

images-1.jpg

6 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

There is absolutely no chance that you will get any seats in the west stand or the family stand. If you take up the allocation for the away stand then I’m afraid that’s it.However I do sympathise  when more fans decide to support their club, it should be possible to accommodate them in the main stand if adequate stewards and segregation is possible. But my guess is the police won’t allow it.

Would Killie not be one of those teams that doesn't really offend anyone a la Thistle and could be trusted to sit amongst the home support in the main or family stand, I'm sure we'll did this before and it all went wells. 

I also remember a proper battle with Killie outside the sheriff court a long time ago but that element is mostly gone from both clubs

Edited by Lola montez

3 minutes ago, Lola montez said:

Would Killie not be one of those teams that doesn't really offend anyone a la Thistle and could be trusted to sit amongst the home support in the main or family stand, I'm sure we'll did this before and it all went well

We did an experiment a couple of seasons back in a league cup tie at home to Livingston, with their 150 or so fans in the corner of the family stand. Some of them acted like total dicks so that won’t happen again.

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 17:33, Lola montez said:

Would Killie not be one of those teams that doesn't really offend anyone a la Thistle and could be trusted to sit amongst the home support in the main or family stand, I'm sure we'll did this before and it all went wells. 

I also remember a proper battle with Killie outside the sheriff court a long time ago but that element is mostly gone from both clubs

50 tickets left at 9am this morning.

Club have asked for more but expect answer to be no.

Don't think I ever saw NBM due to missing the only home game he'd have featured in. Thought he'd maybe have got a shot under the new management but obviously he doesn't fancy him. Not surprised it hasn't worked out for him given his career record isn't great.

Is Kearney going to get rid of pretty much every Stubbs signing? For the most part that's fair enough but a few guys, such as Willock, looked as if they could do job. Unfortunately, Edwards seems to be exempt from the cull...

1 hour ago, Stevie88 said:

BM away back to Birmingham. Didn’t really get a proper chance but didn’t look great when he did play. No point him being here if Kearney doesn’t rate him.

He would've had ample opportunity to impress in training, and if the manager doesn't see him as being worth even a place on the sub's bench, he can't have done very much to push for a chance. Was probably quite happy to go back and collect his wages in Birmingham rather than sit it out up here.

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

Don't think I ever saw NBM due to missing the only home game he'd have featured in. Thought he'd maybe have got a shot under the new management but obviously he doesn't fancy him. Not surprised it hasn't worked out for him given his career record isn't great.

Is Kearney going to get rid of pretty much every Stubbs signing? For the most part that's fair enough but a few guys, such as Willock, looked as if they could do job. Unfortunately, Edwards seems to be exempt from the cull...

I’m not a fan of Edwards at all, but in his defence he might be better of deployed as a defensive midfielder in a more central role, as opposed to left midfield where he contributes nothing. I’d rather see the boy Willock playing before Edwards. He can actually affect the game.

Willock is a far better footballer than Edwards, who flatters to deceive by running an awful lot. 
Of all 600 of our loan players, Willock and possibly Hodson (at a push) are the only ones I'd keep 

Agreed on Edwards and Willock. I thought Edwards and Hodson played very well against Celtic but they’ve both been awful every other time I’ve seen them.

Brock-Madsen looked poor but in fairness, our strikers have had no decent service since the Dundee game so I think folk are being a bit harsh.

1 hour ago, AW saint said:

Transfer window will see a lot more out the door. Stubbs blew it big time.

But Chris Sutton says his big pal Stubbs was doing a great job signing all those 6th and 7th tier English jobbers.  Stubbs has fucked us over monumental style and it’s going to cost us in January to pay off duds like Cooke and King amongst others. 

13 hours ago, geo87 said:

Absolute clusterfuck. Only us could make as big a c**t of this as we have done

Don't know about that we could still have Stubbs and his merry men. Board have made a very expensive mistake I'm just glad they manned up to it taking steps to correct it.  Will we survive our position in the top flight ? Time will tell.  Expecting to see Adam E at left back on Saturday :thumsup2

Edited by Demented Zebra