The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

1 minute ago, ulysses said:

Still absolutely baffles me that Stubbs went through an entire transfer window and didn’t sign one winger. What a fud.

Especially after all the 'one-man-team' chat. If that's what he believed, then fine, whatever, but surely you'd be looking to replace that 'one man'.

Clueless f**k.

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Especially after all the 'one-man-team' chat. If that's what he believed, then fine, whatever, but surely you'd be looking to replace that 'one man'.

Clueless f**k.

Clueless f**k is one of the more polite descriptions that I’ve heard anyone use to describe Stubbs & Jackson. :shutup

Things are starting to come together at last. Hammill is an excellent signing, as are both Ferdinand and Jackson. I hold my hands up as one who was horrified at Stubbs sacking, but I have to admit that these are the kind of signings I expected in the summer

On 03/10/2018 at 11:32, CambieBud said:

Things are starting to come together at last. Hammill is an excellent signing, as are both Ferdinand and Jackson. I hold my hands up as one who was horrified at Stubbs sacking, but I have to admit that these are the kind of signings I expected in the summer

It is a pity that we lost a few months under Stubbs. I don't imagine many of us would have anticipated just how badly he could f**k it up, but that is in the past now.

As you say, the last few signings give us some hope at least. Whether they work out or not will only become clear in due course, but at least there are positive indications that Kearney knows what he is doing.

Sums up everything just now.

Another inept display away from home. Got to feel for OK.

Might be a bit controversial as the guy still isn't fit and needs time to settle, but Ferdinand does not look like a guy that played at a very good level in England.

What's the chances of us getting more than the 1600 behind the goals next weekend?

I know the old firm get 2 ends these days.

With our form and the fact we've no game between now and then, then I expect our 1600 to go very quickly.

We've had bit to right hand side before but know that the singing section now?

What's the chances of us getting more than the 1600 behind the goals next weekend?
I know the old firm get 2 ends these days.
With our form and the fact we've no game between now and then, then I expect our 1600 to go very quickly.
We've had bit to right hand side before but know that the singing section now?
Doubt it. Season ticket holders all over the stand now.

There won't be an alternative drawn up where one section of our support would be furious at getting moved, whether it be the family stand, singing section or the toffs in the main stand.

1600 will be your lot, sadly.

2 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Doubt it. Season ticket holders all over the stand now.

There won't be an alternative drawn up where one section of our support would be furious at getting moved, whether it be the family stand, singing section or the toffs in the main stand.

1600 will be your lot, sadly.

Be plenty of us in the home end then unfortunately.

Family stand get's moved for old firm?

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Be plenty of us in the home end then unfortunately.

Family stand get's moved for old firm?

Yep an incredible decision for a family friendly community club but you will actually find some of our fans thinking it is the right thing to do. 

This decision will probably allow us to get an extra 2-3 players added to our budget each season. Not ideal but it is what it is. I thought Scott’s explanation behind the decision was more than suffice and the compensation offered was fine too.

19 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm asking a serious question, you've moved home fans in the past when we've sold out the away end.

Ah okay, I wasn't expecting Killie to get anywhere near filling the away stand.  Hope you do though.

I'm asking a serious question, you've moved home fans in the past when we've sold out the away end.

There’s been times when you’ve not sold out as well, can’t risk relying on waiting to see if Killie are doing well to make decisions. Add to the fact we’ve sold more season tickets.

4 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Kilmarnock and St Johnstone also give both ends to the OF. Livingston give 3 sides. While I don't agree with the principle, we're hardly alone in doing this.

We do it with OF sides because they're guaranteed to sell out, Dundee United the only other club who got it, until their collapse. 

Teams like Dundee/Kilmarnock/Hibs/Hearts don't get it because the vast majority of their support vanish when they're shite, so there's no guarantee they'd bring enough.