The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

On 19/09/2018 at 12:37, CommonSense said:

A draw against a 10 man Sellik team that are the worst they have been since Ronny Delia, be interesting to see how your next few games pan out.

You will be back on the methadone before you know it !!!!!

25 minutes ago, CommonSense said:

Hilarious, have been off for a few years as some of us have a life outside hammering on the keyboards and counting other peoples posts, get a life saddo.

Was it really worth coming back for?

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

We recently lost our chief scout partly because Stubbs ignored him, and we lost out on signings identified by JR because we had no manager. A Technical Director can fulfill both of those functions.

Has Martin Christie left? I knew a few scouts chucked it when Stubbs went but didn't realise he had gone.

3 hours ago, CommonSense said:

Hilarious, have been off for a few years as some of us have a life outside hammering on the keyboards and counting other peoples posts, get a life saddo.

:lol:

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Has Martin Christie left? I knew a few scouts chucked it when Stubbs went but didn't realise he had gone.

That one scout left those messages on BAWA, but the timing seemed odd. I got the impression he had jacked it in because Stubbs had been sacked. But then it became clear his advice was not being taken, so it seemed like a frustration at the club generally. 

If it was just the manager, you'd likely be prepared to give it one more go when Stubbs got binned. So, as @NorthBank says, you'd hope a TD will be able to smooth over some of these relationships and make sure we make better use of the resources that we are no doubt already paying for.

54 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:
On the plus side, Edwards did ok out wide, I thought, and Hodson/McGinn got forward well Vs Celtic (first half, at least). Maybe we'll get away with playing narrow and relying on the FBs for width until January.

yeah thats working great at dens

Man City manage it ok. I can't see any tangible difference between Walker/Mendy and McGinn/Hodson :lol:

On 19/09/2018 at 10:52, McG said:

I spoke to somebody lastnight and I asked would gus have any say In team selection, the reply was “no chance”.

He will be watching opposing teams and I believe he will have a lot to do in the scouting side of things.

Going by this, he's also going to be involved in coaching: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45593963

Kearney claiming we have a first team squad of 28?! Must be including guys like Erhahon in that.

10 hours ago, Stu said:

Going by this, he's also going to be involved in coaching: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45593963

Kearney claiming we have a first team squad of 28?! Must be including guys like Erhahon in that.

According to Wikipedia we have 26 (including Erhahon and MacPherson who I'd classify as first team squad members). 

It doesn't include Muir or Kellerman (who will surely be recalled in January to give him a fair crack), so yeah. 28 isn't pushing it too much. 

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

According to Wikipedia we have 26 (including Erhahon and MacPherson who I'd classify as first team squad members). 

It doesn't include Muir or Kellerman (who will surely be recalled in January to give him a fair crack), so yeah. 28 isn't pushing it too much. 

Kellerman was pushed out the door on loan by Stubbs for no other reason than he was a JR signing. He’s definitely got potential and I would be happy to see him given a chance in January.

56 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

We can recall Kellerman in january mate, definitely.

17 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Kellerman was pushed out the door on loan by Stubbs for no other reason than he was a JR signing. He’s definitely got potential and I would be happy to see him given a chance in January.

Every player deserves their chance , including all the Stubbs signings. No doubt come January , some won't make the grade.