The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Daily meltdown time...

Oh, I don't know, I don't think you are at that point yet. :rolleyes:

Tell you what, let's move this on, I'm sure we will all approve of that. Do you think that St Mirren can look to the achievements made by St Johnstone and feel that we are capable of achieving the same? That was the main point I was making before being sidetracked by this circus.

It's obvious it would be a stretch for us to match clubs like Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen and the OF, but top 6 I believe is eminently achievable.

Edited by Buddist Monk

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

No doubt a few clubs will be asking the question now that it's been in the media. I did think at the time it was a bit weird that photos of him training appeared in the S*n

Nothing weird about it. Brown envelope passed from agent to tawdry rag. Deal's a good'n*

*FAO any solicitor acting on behalf of the player's agent and/or the tawdry rag: a big boy posted this and ran away.

Edited by Drooper

11 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Reportedly signing a one year deal with Livi tomorrow. 

I get that the line is in jest, but after listening to the recent interview I think that if the player even considered it a possible move (rather than just raising his profile for other clubs) Kearney should be able to convince him to sign for us rather than other clubs of a similar stature.

Not sure how much weight there is to this, but considering he'll not be getting a king's ransom surely his motivation is to be playing first team football and making a difference. With the way our defence is now, you could argue that ours is the most "appealing".

Edited by Buddist Monk

I tend to come on to P&B while having my lunch.

I remember the days when I got quite excited seeing there'd been 3 new pages since yesterday, and thinking something exciting was happening at the club.

Now I know it's almost certainly going to be mainly convoluted nonsense from Buddist Monk.

1 hour ago, Bobby_F said:

Now I know it's almost certainly going to be mainly convoluted nonsense from Buddist Monk.

I think that is a little unfair as much as it's untrue.

You also complain I post to much, but then name me in your post. Surely you are only contributing to the problem you claim exists.

Edited by Buddist Monk

2 hours ago, an86 said:

The Gus thing happening? From a Queen’s Park point of view it’d be a huge blow.

Gus himself mentioned earlier on that permission has been given but it's a good bit away from being agreed yet.

He's yet to meet Oran Kearney and get a feel for him or indeed the situation with what the role itself entails.

Will likely be a week or two if anything does happen.

Edited by djchapsticks