The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

2 minutes ago, weebud said:

Obvious possibly but correct I don't think so...….the results have been poor but it is more the recruitment shambles and the destruction of morale, enthusiasm and general feel good around the place that did for Stubbs. That said, had Kearney achieved all of that he'd have been on his way too!!

Give him time...

9 minutes ago, weebud said:

I don't think he could take it any lower than Stubbs managed in his three months......time will tell!!

I think he'll be good for you, to be honest. He's very well thought of in the Irish League and of course at Coleraine.

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Dear me, aren't you the delicate flower. For a start I never red dotted you, and secondly the need for further posts was your own initial ambiguity.

I've been called worse, by better men than you. Apologies, you didn't red dot me. Just the four posts then.

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

I've been called worse, by better men than you. Apologies, you didn't red dot me. Just the four posts then.

Oh, I'm sure "better men than me" have done a lot of things to you. That comes across pretty clearly.

The four posts simply demonstrates you are bad at making a point. It seems to really annoy you that someone did though.

3 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Oh, I'm sure "better men than me" have done a lot of things to you. That comes across pretty clearly.

The four posts simply demonstrates you are bad at making a point. It seems to really annoy you that someone did though.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

As me old gran used to say - "You'd start an argument in an empty hoose!"

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

As me old gran used to say - "You'd start an argument in an empty hoose!"

I mean.. you are right, I could, however in this case our Aberdonian decided to take that route when they posted this...

37 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

So, one red dot and three more posts but not a "big deal"

14 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I mean.. you are right, I could, however in this case our Aberdonian decided to take that route when they posted this...

You had already taken that route by posting three times. Unlucky. Swing and a miss etc, as your Greenock counterpart would say.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

No, Kearney, by all accounts, did a very good interview in the summer, and was pipped at the post by Stubbs. However, if he had made the start that Stubbs has made, he would have probably been out the door by now, and the new man unveiled (not necessarily Stubbs). No matter who you appointed in the summer, if he had made the start Stubbs did he'd have been out.

If you give Kearney time, he'll turn things round, but it might take him a season or two. He had 7 seasons at Coleraine, which is a considerable length of time in the Irish League where instant improvements are nearly mandatory. David Jeffrey is being given time at Ballymena and I'll nearly guarantee you he will bring them success, given another season or so.

You've completely missed the point. Stubbs wasn't sacked on results alone. His "man management", his choice of coach, the destruction of the team spirit, alienation of so many of our title winning team and his relationship with the board, were all far bigger problems than the results.

Kearney has already won the fans over in a way that Stubbs didn't even attempt to do. If he can have a similar effect on the players, we'll be far better off than we were before, before we even start considering tactics or any further additions to the playing staff.

43 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

The number of times you needed to explain your ambiguity really annoys you doesn't it? It really shouldn't...

The number of times you misunderstood my (tongue in cheek) point seems to have got on your tits.

10 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You've completely missed the point. Stubbs wasn't sacked on results alone. His "man management", his choice of coach, the destruction of the team spirit, alienation of so many of our title winning team and his relationship with the board, were all far bigger problems than the results.

Kearney has already won the fans over in a way that Stubbs didn't even attempt to do. If he can have a similar effect on the players, we'll be far better off than we were before, before we even start considering tactics or any further additions to the playing staff.

Glad to hear it, hope you start on Friday!
By the way, if the players are as good at circling the wagons as your posters are, you're home in a boat...

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Give him time...

The man is just in the door and will be given time even if we go down. What he has done is lift spirits at the training ground going by the smiles on faces. That brings a happy environment which has been lacking. Anton Ferdinand will probably sign before the Celtic game. There is also a Nigerian striker and a left winger on trial. The board look to be backing the manager who has done a bit of home work. Will it come good only time will tell as a St Mirren fan I'm now more  hopfull now that the shambles Stubbs and bully boy Jackson have gone. Brian Rice is a good number two. 

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

The number of times you misunderstood my (tongue in cheek) point seems to have got on your tits.

Whatever buddy, you seem determined to take some perceived slight from my comments, where none were offered.

The telling thing is that nobody on here is agreeing with you on your initial comments and it seems I am the one you've decided to get nippy about.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Glad to hear it, hope you start on Friday!
By the way, if the players are as good at circling the wagons as your posters are, you're home in a boat...

5 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Whatever buddy, you seem determined to take some perceived slight from my comments, where none were offered.

The telling thing is that nobody on here is agreeing with you on your initial comments and it seems I am the one you've decided to get nippy about.

These two clowns show that parents really should not allow their children on the internet unattended!