The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

8 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

Sounds like the players hold ALL the power at St Mirren Park.  I genuinely hope they like the new guy.

I think the issue was that Stubbs wanted to go in a different direction but did so too quickly and with no respect to the players who got the club into the league they are in now. I see where you are coming from, but if you are a good manager you can convince players the right way is your way, not taking unilateral action when just in the door.

1 minute ago, Buddist Monk said:

I think the issue was that Stubbs wanted to go in a different direction but did so too quickly and with no respect to the players who got the club into the league they are in now. I see where you are coming from, but if you are a good manager you can convince players the right way is your way, not taking unilateral action when just in the door.

Agreed: I suspect the players would have been happy to go Stubbs' way, if there was any evidence whatsoever that he wasn't as mad as a box of tracksuits.

It's old ground now, but the Cammy Smith stuff looked absolutely crazy to basically everyone except Alan Stubbs - how can the rest of the squad hold any faith in the manager when that's going on?

Sounds like the players hold ALL the power at St Mirren Park.  I genuinely hope they like the new guy.
Players hold the power at any club. Stubbs came in, basically told them they wouldn't be playing premiership football without the help of Lewis Morgan.

Jackson was a fkin bully. Allegedley had Cammy Smith by the throat in training. That's not how you win the players over.

f**k the pair of them.

Hopefully exciting times ahead now.

2 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Players hold the power at any club. Stubbs came in, basically told them they wouldn't be playing premiership football without the help of Lewis Morgan.

Jackson was a fkin bully. Allegedley had Cammy Smith by the throat in training. That's not how you win the players over.

f**k the pair of them.

Hopefully exciting times ahead now.

If Jackson did that, surely that is grounds for dismissal with no compensation? If any of this did that in our place of work, we'd be suspended and almost certainly dismissed. Always amazed how football can at times hide behind the argument about football culture to not deal with unacceptable behaviour.

Now that fuckwit Miller is claiming we shouldn't have a technical director. We should remind ourselves that's effectively the role Miller held at Aberdeen.

Of course, when it comes to Aberdeen, Miller would use shit for toothpaste, anyone else then it's a fucking shambles. Just f**k off you old buffoon. <_<

Edited by Buddist Monk

42 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Now that fuckwit Miller is claiming we shouldn't have a technical director. We should remind ourselves that's effectively the role Miller held at Aberdeen.

Of course, when it comes to Aberdeen, Miller would use shit for toothpaste, anyone else then it's a fucking shambles. Just f**k off you old buffoon. <_<

So why exactly shouldn't we have a technical director in his opinon? 

Oran Kearney is coming over to a whole new footballing landscape in terms of infrastructure and facilities, the likes of sport scientists, data analysts, nutritionists etc were presumably not as readily available at Coleraine and so he may well have little or no experience of them as well as never setting out a full time training pattern for full time players. If a technical director helps him settle in and makes his role easier for him to adapt to, who is Willie Miller or anyone else to tell the club otherwise? 

Edited by djchapsticks

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

So why exactly shouldn't we have a technical director in his opinon?

Because he doesn't know what they are for, clubs the size of St Mirren shouldn't need such things.

English then went, "so is a Technical Director just the same as a Director of Football?", and Miller responds by saying "yes". Despite him apparently not knowing what the job is, and that the role he held at Aberdeen was... Directory of Football.

Clearly it's good enough for Aberdeen but us provincial diddies shouldn't bother with aspiration. The man is such a fucking cock.

4 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Because he doesn't know what they are for, clubs the size of St Mirren shouldn't need such things.

English then went, "so is a Technical Director just the same as a Director of Football?", and Miller responds by saying "yes". Despite him apparently not knowing what the job is, and that the role he held at Aberdeen was... Directory of Football.

Clearly it's good enough for Aberdeen but us provincial diddies shouldn't bother with aspiration. The man is such a fucking cock.

As far as I'm aware, a director of football is directly involved in signing players and renewing contracts and has the final say of a manager's playing squad. 

I don't think a technical director has a say in the playing squad in any way.

Anywho, I'm sure no one will be losing sleep over the critique of a guy whose legacy as a football manager was booting a dressing room door off its hinges 25 years ago. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

As far as I'm aware, a director of football is directly involved in signing players and renewing contracts and has the final say of a manager's playing squad. 

I don't think a technical director has a say in the playing squad in any way.

Anywho, I'm sure no one will be losing sleep over the critique of a guy whose legacy as a football manager was booting a dressing room door off its hinges 25 years ago. 

It's Miller's constant dismissal of anything that isn't Aberdeen that rustles my jimmies. He's the least professional person in the BBC Sport team, and that's saying something.