The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

26 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Sacked after FOUR league games - jèeze!

Nine competitive games which yielded two wins.

Those games featured opponents including an amateur team, a non-league team, a league one team, a newly promoted team, a team which played over an hour with ten men and Dundee.

It was fairly obvious all was not well when McGinn high fived Smith when he was finally brought on against Livi - then proceeded to slag off Stubbs' signing policy in the press conference!

I have absolutely nothing to back this up but I wonder if the Jamie Vardy academy coaches get some sort of bonus if guys they work with get signed by a league club...

2 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The thing is if your going after a decent manager who has options, would you go to a club that sacks a manager after 4 league games regardless of what has gone on in the background? 

TBF it's unlikely the new manager will walk in and prioritise bamming everyone up.

58 minutes ago, Silvio said:

Basically from the start he's rubbed folk the wrong way. Said the team that coasted the championship wasn't good enough that completely isolated the backbone of the squad.

Told Eck and McKenzie to find new clubs about a week into pre season which also pissed off the existing players.

Signed some amount of shite.

Told Cammy Smith, who won 4 player of the year awards last year, he was free to find a new club. This caused captain McGinn and Stubbs to fall out alledegly.

Story that he had also fallen out with the nicest guy on the planet, Tony Fitzpatrick. 

Story they he also wasn't on speaking terms with our Academy chief Allan McManus.

Signed some amount of shite. 

Is this not the plot of The Damned United?

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nine competitive games which yielded two wins.

Those games featured opponents including an amateur team, a non-league team, a league one team, a newly promoted team, a team which played over an hour with ten men and Dundee.

I would have sacked him just for Dundee .

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I do hope someone's going to do a Ray McKinnon joke soon.

Ray McKinnon walked into a bar.

The barman said, “why the long face?”

”I’ve just realised I’m a shitweasel”,  Ray replied.

Like the rest of his output, I didn’t find it funny.

Reckon it was deliberate from AS. Get rid of as many of a league winning team as he could. Sign shite. Alienate everyone. Sign shite. Don’t lalk to the players or directors. Sign Darren Jackson. Tell some of our best players to find new clubs. Total carnage and a year’s wages for 12 weeks work. Smart move.

7 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Reckon it was deliberate from AS. Get rid of as many of a league winning team as he could. Sign shite. Alienate everyone. Sign shite. Don’t lalk to the players or directors. Sign Darren Jackson. Tell some of our best players to find new clubs. Total carnage and a year’s wages for 12 weeks work. Smart move.

There's an argument to be made that it's financially more rewarding to be a shit manager rather than a good one. The Producers' approach to football management.

36 minutes ago, k-ton said:

Cheers lads, I needed this pick-me-up after Friday.

Kisses. 

Read people alluding to something that happened between Morton and Falkirk at the weekend.

Any chance of a quick summary?

(Not that I need cheered up, finding out we’ve a new manager coming i has done that!)

32 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

He must've been gutted to still be in a job after the loss to us. He'd have been thinking, FFS what do I need to do to get the sack!!

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

He must've been gutted to still be in a job after the loss to us. He'd have been thinking, FFS what do I need to do to get the sack!!

His body language after the defeat to Livingston was more akin to a teenager who's parent had just told them they had to turn the X-Box off and tidy their room, rather than a top flight football manager losing to a close rival. at home

It was clear he wasn't happy in the job, neither were the players by the looks of it, and the fans certainly weren't.