The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

If McIntyre comes in he'll almost certainly bring Dodds with him. Rice is highly regarded so he could stay as we currently have a three man management team, would be a case of finances I guess.

Not overly convinced McIntyre will be much of an upgrade on Stubbs but if we are making a change I don't see who else we can get. Goodwin said no in the summer so can't see him being interested now and we don't want to end up with Yogi!

3 minutes ago, Stu said:

If McIntyre comes in he'll almost certainly bring Dodds with him. Rice is highly regarded so he could stay as we currently have a three man management team, would be a case of finances I guess.

Not overly convinced McIntyre will be much of an upgrade on Stubbs but if we are making a change I don't see who else we can get. Goodwin said no in the summer so can't see him being interested now and we don't want to end up with Yogi!

More chance of us bringing in Paddington Bear than Yogi.

In my line of work, it's not uncommon to come across footballers or people that come into contact with footballers. Not trying to be ITK or anything because I rarely get any info, but some of the stories about Stubbs are indeed worrying. One thing I know and have no reason to doubt - there's a good few players in that squad that are pissed off. 

Not that it comes as a surprise as that's basically what we've been on about for days.

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

Can't believe how much of a cock of it Stubbs has made. Dream scenario, taking over a title winning team, build on it. Hard to see how he managed this!

Absolutely.

It is the extent and rapidity of the decline that has been so alarming.

It takes a special kind of talent to f**k up quite so monumentally.

Just now, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seems to be an incredible amount of leaking of info out of the St Mirren camp. Even I was getting told stuff about Stubbs at work the other day. Can't tell whether it's one person with a big mouth or everyone is venting.

Bit of both, I suspect.

It is probably indicative of the atmosphere a out the place just now. An absolute shambles, and one that has to be sorted.

9 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Seems to be an incredible amount of leaking of info out of the St Mirren camp. Even I was getting told stuff about Stubbs at work the other day. Can't tell whether it's one person with a big mouth or everyone is venting.

This is the Record we are speaking about here. A lot of what it posts is conjecture and stealing content from forums. Now I'm not saying the Record is wrong here, I'm saying that even if there is a sniff they will rush out a story in order to shout "exclusive". In contrast, the BBC wait until anything has been signed in triplicate* before even hinting at the story.

* Signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. And all that just to save their grandmother.

29 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

This is the Record we are speaking about here. A lot of what it posts is conjecture and stealing content from forums. Now I'm not saying the Record is wrong here, I'm saying that even if there is a sniff they will rush out a story in order to shout "exclusive". In contrast, the BBC wait until anything has been signed in triplicate* before even hinting at the story.

* Signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters. And all that just to save their grandmother.

To be fair to them, if it's an SNP Bad story they're much more in the publish and be damned category.

45 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

The Sun and the Scotsman running the story too !

Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy reference.
Well done that man [emoji122]