The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

17 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Between the management team and the board they have destroyed all the hard work and feel good factor Jack Ross created.

How can the club do this so soon after the Tommy Craig fiasco?

I don't think we can blame the board too much. I didn't think Stubbs was a bad appointment. He's however done a horrendous job and will be sacked barring a miracle upturn. Fans are angry so only going one way....

The worst aspect for me is that we have lost Lewis Morgan in the summer. A massive departure for the club that we all knew was coming. So we would have targets and said that filling that role was a priority. Instead we have not signed 1 left sided midfielder. Nor apparently have we tried to get Morgan on loan. Someone used the analogy of football manager- if you did what we've done in FM your team would be full of red dots- except at CM and Goalkeeper. 

Seems Stubbs misunderstood when Fitzy said we want to go for the Championship. 

Does it really matter if he signs anyone or not he's already done enough damage to the team and with the fans. It's only a matter of time.
Can't really agree with that. If he signs a genuinely good player or two and gets a few results I'm sure folks minds would change.

3 minutes ago, DumbartonBud said:

Reports that no more signings expected. 

Does that mean that Stubbs is happy with what he has or has he just given up?

If that’s us done in this window then we are down already.  More of a concern is that the Board of directors are happy to let this clown carry on with a squad that would struggle to stay up in the championship.

27 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Stubbs really doesn’t seem to know what he is doing and looks grossly out of his depth, add to that Jackson is a p***k who doesn’t get on with the squad and Rice is as thick as 2 short pieces of wood it really shouldn’t come as a real surprise that our squad is a shambles.

Its now just a matter of how long Gordon Scott gives them before he admits defeat and bags them.

Between the management team and the board they have destroyed all the hard work and feel good factor Jack Ross created.

How can the club do this so soon after the Tommy Craig fiasco?

It's actually not too different from Tommy Craig's fiasco tbh. Especially the signings;

Pish striker from down south.; Craig; Marwood. Stubbs; Cooke.

Horrendous centre half;  Craig; Plummer.  Stubbs; Kpekawa.

Left back that isnt very good; Craig; Tesselaar. Stubbs; Coulson.

Another pish striker from down south; Craig; Ball. Stubbs; Brock-Masden.

Midfielder from Thistle that isnt very good; Craig; Osbourne. Stubbs; Edwards

Can't really agree with that. If he signs a genuinely good player or two and gets a few results I'm sure folks minds would change.

He has already signed 11 players and only Coulson (not at full back), Willock and possibly Jones look like they are good enough for the Premiership. And he has already lost the support of the majority of last years ‘s squad by telling 5 of them they can leave. We wont be signing 3 decent players today but it would do little to improve the shambles.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:

Stubbs really doesn’t seem to know what he is doing and looks grossly out of his depth, add to that Jackson is a p***k who doesn’t get on with the squad and Rice is as thick as 2 short pieces of wood it really shouldn’t come as a real surprise that our squad is a shambles.

Good summary (also quite amusing in parts).

I wonder if Stubbs and GLS are oblivious to the growing sense of rage and despair permeating the Saints support?

Hard to imagine they are, but they certainly seem to be acting that way.

Quite astonishing that 3 games in to the season and we are all Elvis.

What else are we supposed to make of a manager who is now done with the current window, while the squad is painfully short on numbers quality and is totally unbalanced. How can you defend the indefensible. I imagine Stubbs will have about 3 or 4 games to convince the Board that he can somehow turn things around. 

56 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

Nobody that can score goals and nobody to create goals.

Perfect 

Don't forget we're short of two centre halfs and a full back.

Paul McGinn and Samson are not too bad at stopping goals, but a fullback (injured) and goalkeeper do not, a defence, make.

Edited by Bobby_F

38 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

What else are we supposed to make of a manager who is now done with the current window, while the squad is painfully short on numbers quality and is totally unbalanced. How can you defend the indefensible. I imagine Stubbs will have about 3 or 4 games to convince the Board that he can somehow turn things around. 

After the Hibs game at home bye bye Stubbs. The some poor soul has to pick up the peaces. Bigger question who would want too ? 

Edited by Demented Zebra

I think Stubbs has probably got to the end of the Hamilton game now. If he doesn't pick up anything from that I think he'll be gone. The squad looks massively unbalanced, the defence is poor, and we now look like we are never going to score.

I actually feel sorry for the new guys. They obviously came here to get first team football and build their career, but they'll be hung out to dry each week by Stubbs and will be tarnished by being his signings in the eyes of the fans after he's gone. It's a shit situation.