The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

21 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

In a time of darkness for Saints, at least we didn't sign Kenny Miller.

The fact it seems Stubbs wanted him though is yet another sign that we shouldn't expect his signings to get any better.

Yeah, precisely. If we were chasing him, I assume that means we weren't chasing any other strikers. 

There's a slim chance he could get bailed out by a couple of deadline day loans. Winger from Celtic, striker from Everton. (I'm not itk, that's just supposing).

But really, there is no evidence that we've had any sort of overall transfer strategy at all here.

good news or bad news Miller is going to Dundee.  With our current squad i'd have certainly took him.  Unless he pulls something out the hat it may well end up being a  loss.  If we had sufficient cover up front it wouldn't bother me but right now we don't.  so we're looking at yet another youngster on loan from down south no doubt.

I genuinely wouldn't give Stubbs any more money. He can't be trusted. 

Keep any cash for the new manager in January. We just need to gamble we pick up enough points between now and then. 

Despite my negativity I've just purchased my hearts tickets. 

Overall I'm happy to see us lose out on the Miller deal but I'm a bit concerned that we seem to have put so much effort into signing him.

Just under 72 hours until the window closes and there's a lot of work to be done before then as we don't want to be chasing free agents next week.

Edited by btb

26 minutes ago, Silvio said:

I genuinely wouldn't give Stubbs any more money. He can't be trusted. 

Keep any cash for the new manager in January. We just need to gamble we pick up enough points between now and then. 

Despite my negativity I've just purchased my hearts tickets. 

Mind take your calculator with you. 

I was overly harsh on Fitzpatrick, but I still contend a Chief Exec shouldn't be posting cryptic messages on twitter about upheaval at the club. Do I think he has the best interests of the club? I would expect he does.

If people want to get so worked up that they take my comments as somehow abusing the memory of his child then there is nothing I can do about that. That's a daft correlation and one that is entirely out of my remit.

Now, onto other things, I'm quite glad Miller has dingied us, but all it has done is make the situation less worse, not better.

28 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I was overly harsh on Fitzpatrick, but I still contend a Chief Exec shouldn't be posting cryptic messages on twitter about upheaval at the club.

What makes you so convinced that the tweet had anything to do with the club? Most of the thought for the day type stuff he posts bears absolutely no relation to goings on at St Mirren, so why would this be any different?

Isn't the fact that the twitter account is based on his fictional children's book character enough of a hint? Yes, he occasionally does use the account to refer to club related stuff, and perhaps he should reconsider that, but the other stuff, including yesterday's offering, is just fluff and not to be taken too seriously (or literally).

29 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I was overly harsh on Fitzpatrick, but I still contend a Chief Exec shouldn't be posting cryptic messages on twitter about upheaval at the club. Do I think he has the best interests of the club? I would expect he does.

If people want to get so worked up that they take my comments as somehow abusing the memory of his child then there is nothing I can do about that. That's a daft correlation and one that is entirely out of my remit.

Now, onto other things, I'm quite glad Miller has dingied us, but all it has done is make the situation less worse, not better.

You went on an ill-advised rant w. "Man the f**k up" was one of your delightful comments towards Tony, if he were reading your post.

Apologise, you've made an arse of yourself.

Man the f**k up, one might say.

On 8/25/2018 at 08:32, buddie06smfc said:

Good to see BAWarmy still championing knicker wetting amongst our support on twitter. Can’t help feel Stubbs has been written off without having been given a chance. Already jumping on the supposed team sheet for today.
Some St Mirren fans need to take a step back and realise where we are and just how different this season is to last.

"still championing knicker wetting amongst our support on twitter"

:lol::thumsup2

17 minutes ago, Drooper said:

What makes you so convinced that the tweet had anything to do with the club? Most of the thought for the day type stuff he posts bears absolutely no relation to goings on at St Mirren, so why would this be any different?

Explained at the very start of my post.

15 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You went on an ill-advised rant w. "Man the f**k up" was one of your delightful comments towards Tony, if he were reading your post.

Apologise, you've made an arse of yourself.

Man the f**k up, one might say.

You are right. It was an ill-advised rant, borne from frustration that our Chief Exec is cryptically stoking the already burning embers.

Don't see the point in expanding it further, but I was overly harsh and for that I am sorry.

1 hour ago, Torfason said:
3 hours ago, McG said:
Cammy Smith and Stephen McGinn are going nowhere before the window closes.

Have you heard of any potential signings? It's all very quiet.

Would not be surprised if we are done with this window. All off Stubbs Eggs were in two baskets.

Gregg Stewart and Kenny Miller both decided on more established  top flight sides.  We are pretty much fucked with what we have.