The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

14 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Personally he can do anything he wants, as a Chief Exec though he should realise he has to be professional which means no ambiguous bullshit and god bothering nonsense.

He needs a separate Twitter account for the Babakoochi Bear stuff, IMO. It's a side project and should be kept as such. He can then have a blue tick Tony Fitzpatrick account for football/St Mirren stuff.

Shit, I (partly) work in social media, I might drop him a line and offer to show him how to sort it out.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

He needs a separate Twitter account for the Babakoochi Bear stuff, IMO. It's a side project and should be kept as such. He can then have a blue tick Tony Fitzpatrick account for football/St Mirren stuff.

Shit, I (partly) work in social media, I might drop him a line and offer to show him how to sort it out.

Please do. I have no issue at all what he does on his personal twitter, and I have no right to question it, but you are spot on. He needs to separate that stuff.

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

Stubbs had a fantastic recruitment team behind him at Hibs, although there were some absolutely awful signings too. It seems he struggled to make effective signings at Rotherham and the same seems to have happened at St Mirren. He also came into Hibs with basically a blank canvas to work with which will have helped.

Disappointed to see him struggling, if he doesn’t turn it round here he’ll be onto BT Sport for a permanent gig.

Our current head of recruitment was a scout at Hibs for Stubbs' time there. He was "senior technical scout" according to LinkedIn.

12 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I don't really see a problem with his account. The handle is @babakoochibear. The bio makes no mention of his current job. There will be some St Mirren related retweets and very occasionally a post but he's hardly posting chief exec stuff like Alan Burrows at Motherwell stuff.

I can't be doing with folk posting that sort of motivational pish on social media but it's harmless. Suddenly it's now an issue because folk are reading into it trying to find some sort of hidden meaning.

1 hour ago, Buddist Monk said:

Just had a look at Fitzpatrick's twitter: https://twitter.com/babakoochibear

What a fucking mess that is. It's not the official "St Mirren Chief Executive" twitter account, if there actually is one, but that previously posted ambiguous and trite bullshit quote was posted on it so I presume we are all looking at the same account.

For a start, as a Chief Exec he knows that anything he posts is going to be noticed. This means bullshittery like this..

Dlls7IuX0AIn3gN.jpgDlgtyJZW4AAJmjI.jpg:large

...can seriously f**k off. It's trite, facile and only makes him look an utter fucking buffoon. Good player as he was, that can't be used to write blank cheques for the foreseeable future.

Secondly what the f**k is he trying to achieve with this mince? You know who doesn't rely on motivational bullshit? Successful people, whereas losers use them as some sort of determinist emotional crutch.

Fitzpatrick, if you are reading this, and I doubt you will be, man the f**k up, either provide a definitive statement or keep the f**k quiet. Stirring the pot when you were the person responsible for putting the pot on the stove is just lazy and cowardly.

What a cock you are. You do know why he wrote the books and why his twitter handle is what it is? 

Pathetic. 

Edited by Soctty

29 minutes ago, Stu said:

Our current head of recruitment was a scout at Hibs for Stubbs' time there. He was "senior technical scout" according to LinkedIn.

I don't really see a problem with his account. The handle is @babakoochibear. The bio makes no mention of his current job. There will be some St Mirren related retweets and very occasionally a post but he's hardly posting chief exec stuff like Alan Burrows at Motherwell stuff.

I can't be doing with folk posting that sort of motivational pish on social media but it's harmless. Suddenly it's now an issue because folk are reading into it trying to find some sort of hidden meaning.

Only to fucking morons to be fair.

10 minutes ago, McG said:

You really should have a think before you post.

Slating Fitzpatrick for posting stuff like that after what he has been through, very poor stuff.

Tony lost his young son to the same illness that killed one of my family members in the same year.

After What Tony has been through I don’t think he needs to justify anything he puts out on social media, despite how some people want to interpret the content.

5 hours ago, Buddist Monk said:

Just had a look at Fitzpatrick's twitter: https://twitter.com/babakoochibear

What a fucking mess that is. It's not the official "St Mirren Chief Executive" twitter account, if there actually is one, but that previously posted ambiguous and trite bullshit quote was posted on it so I presume we are all looking at the same account.

For a start, as a Chief Exec he knows that anything he posts is going to be noticed. This means bullshittery like this..

Dlls7IuX0AIn3gN.jpgDlgtyJZW4AAJmjI.jpg:large

...can seriously f**k off. It's trite, facile and only makes him look an utter fucking buffoon. Good player as he was, that can't be used to write blank cheques for the foreseeable future.

Secondly what the f**k is he trying to achieve with this mince? You know who doesn't rely on motivational bullshit? Successful people, whereas losers use them as some sort of determinist emotional crutch.

Fitzpatrick, if you are reading this, and I doubt you will be, man the f**k up, either provide a definitive statement or keep the f**k quiet. Stirring the pot when you were the person responsible for putting the pot on the stove is just lazy and cowardly.

Fitzy is one of the nicest, mildly spoken men I've ever met. 

I'm a firm atheist but if he wants to post this religious stuff on his personal twitter that gives him strength to get through something truly heartbreaking that happened decades ago then he can do it all he likes. It's his faith to express however he pleases. 

I can't even begin to imagine the agony the guy has gone through and has lived with for all these years yet is still an absolute gent. If his faith gives him strength that he'll be with his lad again someday then who are you to try and take that away from him? 

Also, hark at the guy yammering on about our former captain, cup winner and legend being a 'loser', possibly posting from his mammy's basement for all we know. :lol:

Edited by djchapsticks

If your midfield needs more running around a lot without actually doing anything and Instagram likes, Edwards is your man.

Failing that, the running around a lot will see  you overrun in midfield if you play him as a holding midfielder and he doesn't score or assist enough (except against Hamilton but I'm not sure it's worth signing him just for those games) if you play him as an attacking midfielder.

Was delighted when he left as I thought we'd be stuck with him and was surprised when he got another gig in the Premiership, I assumed he'd slink off to English L2/ conference or back to Oz.

Another central midfielder, further proof that Stubbs just stumbles from one disastrous signing to another. If it’s not jobbing fifth tier English players then it’s guys like Edwards who haven’t kicked a ball with their current club. I despair at Stubbs.

You just sense that this season will end up like the one we suffered under Tommy Craig.

11 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

If your midfield needs more running around a lot without actually doing anything and Instagram likes, Edwards is your man.

Failing that, the running around a lot will see  you overrun in midfield if you play him as a holding midfielder and he doesn't score or assist enough (except against Hamilton but I'm not sure it's worth signing him just for those games) if you play him as an attacking midfielder.

Was delighted when he left as I thought we'd be stuck with him and was surprised when he got another gig in the Premiership, I assumed he'd slink off to English L2/ conference or back to Oz.

Doesn't sound great in that case. I thought he looked ok the few times I've seen him over the last couple of years.

5 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Another central midfielder, further proof that Stubbs just stumbles from one disastrous signing to another. If it’s not jobbing fifth tier English players then it’s guys like Edwards who haven’t kicked a ball with their current club. I despair at Stubbs.

You just sense that this season will end up like the one we suffered under Tommy Craig.

I don't think the fact he hasn't played for Hearts so far this season is that relevant to us. Hearts have looked really good so far, he stepped up from Thistle to Hearts and just hasn't been good enough. Edwards has been a Premiership regular for the past two or three seasons.

Tony had no problem getting the players in that Jack Ross wanted, he isn’t the problem.
Stubbs and Jackson are the problem.
Cammy Smith was on record saying it was one call from Jack Ross and he was in no doubt he would sign.

I think I remember other players saying the same.

44 minutes ago, AW saint said:

3 big days coming up. So far i have no faith we will get the right players in to fix this mess. 

There is absolutely no chance that Stubbs will pull half a dozen rabbits out his magic fucking hat in the next 3 days, because that is what is required.

The ship is going down with this balloon on the bridge.

Edited by Drooper

Wonderful news about Kenny Miller.
Best news of the season so far.

Just for the record i wasn't have a go at Tony's social media, more his media interviews.

As I said he is a legend and bleeds black and white, he wants what is best for the club. Might actually need him to put his boots on again.