The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

[emoji23].

Decided to wait till the transfer window shuts and give the team time to gel before giving Stubbs more stick.

Early signs haven't been great but if we beat Livi on saturday it eases the disappointment of our 2 previous away games and it gives us a cushion over them already.

God help Stubbs if we lose on Saturday though [emoji85].

46 minutes ago, Soctty said:

A good few  of "the shit Stubbs has brought in" have had little to no game time, so I'd hang fire on your assessments. Willock and Coulson look good, Brock-Madsen could also turn up far better than Stelios, and Jones had a bright enough cameo on his debut. Stelios was a cult hero due to the 3 goals he scored in his 18 months at the club, and his rapport with the fans, more than his actual quality.

Loans are used by every club in Scotland - Rangers had 7 and Celtic had 4 last season, despite their relative richness. It's a fact of life and I welcome it.

I'm hoping the Aberdeen game was a one off. Yes Aberdeen were expected to win but it was the manner in which we played that shocked me. We had no fight or spirit that is very worrying given the two games against Spartons and Queens Park that's three unacceptable performances.  Here is hoping the loan players are successful to have so many bad games this early in the season has my alarm bell ringing.  This Saturday's game is massive my fingers are crossed.  

If Miller did sign I wouldn’t be against it. Not the most likeable of people, but he will be out to prove a few people wrong, and seems to be always highly spoken of by fellow teams mates as a model pro etc . should be able to hit the ground running as well unlike some of the younger guys we’ve signed

If Miller does sign for us, all Livvy fans will think he'll be a stick on to score on Saturday.

Me, I'm not so sure.

Miller clearly has looked after himself, but time always wins.

Just need to look at Thommo who STILL looks like he could step on to the pitch and contribute - but a couple of years ago he hit his own particular wall, and when it happens, it happens quickly.

33 minutes ago, Willie adie said:

a candidate that was unsuccessful in his application for job has been contacted since Stubbs appointment by the club

Seeing as you've gone so far as to suggest that this is the case which candidate then?

Not providing it would only underline most people's cynicism towards your initial claim.

a candidate that was unsuccessful in his application for job has been contacted since Stubbs appointment by the club

[emoji23] what a load of pish.

Got further in the new league cup set up than we ever have before 3 points from 6 in the league and one was away at ibrox yet they are going to sack the manager.

Even if we lost our next 3 games he won’t be getting the sack.

15 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

So, the rumours seem to be based on the fact Stubbs was interested before he became Livi manager.

He certainly doesn't dingy the idea though, what concerns me more is that the way he talks it's like it's up to Miller whether he comes to us, not Stubbs and/or the BoD.

14 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

My two-year-old lad is a better liar than Stubbsy :lol:

"I haven't spoken to him... but I do know he's got one or two things to tie up at Livi. Because I read that in the papers."

:lol:

Classic dodging the truth reply from Stubbs. :lol: