The St. Mirren FC 2023/24 thread

19 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Kellerman away to AFC Fylde, in the National League, on loan for the season. That's the same division that he came from. 

Good luck to him.

Can't say I'm surprised, what's more people were defending him when I pointed out how average he was. Could he improve? Maybe. Not sure what Ross/Fowler saw in him though, as it's clear he is not capable of cutting it at the top level here. Well not just now at least.

6 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Can't say I'm surprised, what's more people were defending him when I pointed out how average he was. Could he improve? Maybe. Not sure what Ross/Fowler saw in him though, as it's clear he is not capable of cutting it at the top level here. Well not just now at least.

I think people said that we'd need to see more of him before we could make a judgement, which was fair enough. Stubbs has obviously seen a lot more of him and decided he isn't good enough.

I'd be surprised to see him back to be honest.

3 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I think people said that we'd need to see more of him before we could make a judgement...

Yeah, that wasn't it, but hey it's water under the bridge and all that.

2 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I'd be surprised to see him back to be honest.

It's an odd one. He's too old to be a prospect so Ross/Fowler must have seen something in him, especially as he signed on for our tilt at the Premiership.

2 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Yeah, that wasn't it, but hey it's water under the bridge and all that.

It's an odd one. He's too old to be a prospect so Ross/Fowler must have seen something in him, especially as he signed on for our tilt at the Premiership.

I must've have got that wrong, apologies.

Someone clearly saw something in him. He was probably always a low risk signing that Jack Ross was willing to take a punt on. We've also seen that Ross and Stubbs have different opinions on what players we need.

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

I must've have got that wrong, apologies.

Oh, listen no need to apologise, not at all. I was probably overly sensitive about the issue.

2 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Someone clearly saw something in him. He was probably always a low risk signing that Jack Ross was willing to take a punt on. We've also seen that Ross and Stubbs have different opinions on what players we need.

Yeah, I'd imagine he was on low wages and whatever we're losing will be evened out a little by the loan deal. Mutual consent come the next window?

Edited by Buddist Monk